Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Default Re: Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

I love the mirrored look, please put me down for one pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    Great price!

I'm torn on the glasses myself. There's moments in the movie where the glasses look black and where they look mirrored. Many of the close-ups have a character with a black background so they'll be clear in the lens, like the photo Dukefett posted -- odd background in the lenses considering he's outside.

The only thing that distracts me with the mirrored black is that they look like fisheyes in that straight-on photo. Not sure if that's a result of the camera taking the picture or what. Decisions...

I might just go with whatever Doggie thinks looks best in hand. I mean, he's studied these enough that I trust his judgment.
    Just to comment on the fish eye look in thr straight in view, yes, it's because it is reflecting the very large, round macro lens I'm using. But yeah in general they do catch the light a bit differently.

In terms of what I think looks best? I dunno. I want to say the mirrored black because I think that's what they truly are in thr film. But that plain gloss black looks darn good and does actually reflect quite well. But because they're isn't really a mirror to it realistically, they'll never reflect a super bright color like white and look silver like you see in some scenes of the film. Whereas thre mirrored black, as ui can see, takes on a different appearance based on the lighting and angle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My Shapeways Shop: Hidden Content

My customs Facebook page: Hidden Content

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    After seeing pics from the movies, I'll be going with the mirrored finish. I think the mirrored effect is all around more accurate.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
    Wow, really love how smooth you got those looking! Personally the black feels truer to the movie to me, and is how I remember them best. Even if that's only because they were mostly reflecting back darkness in those scenes.

Attachment 483391

Thing is, you can always find scenes where the glasses are also highly mirrored...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tie pattern.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	483407

I do think they had two different types of glasses in the film, maybe many more depending on what they wanted from the lens.

Maybe we should get BOTH from DoggieDoc...
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Yeah it is a little hard to tell for me how the mirror finish one would look in hand, I'd probably prefer the gloss black despite not being fully accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefett View Post
    Yeah it is a little hard to tell for me how the mirror finish one would look in hand, I'd probably prefer the gloss black despite not being fully accurate.
    Let me get a little video to try and show them in a different way just so you all can choose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My Shapeways Shop: Hidden Content

My customs Facebook page: Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    Thing is, you can always find scenes where the glasses are also highly mirrored...
    Yeah they were definitely mirrored, but given we don't really have that option it's just a question of whether you want something representing the darker indoor look or the brighter outdoor look. And for me the darker look is a bit more preferable.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    I'd have to admit, if I had to choose right now based on the few pictures that Doggie posted I would slant toward the gloss black glasses myself.

Eager to see the video, Doggie. Maybe even some regular pictures not inside a light box. Just regular indoor.
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

The Saga is now complete
    Feedback
    23 (100%)

The glasses in the movie were pure black glass mirror. There was zero roughness or bump on them, giving it that smooth finish. Kinda like a two way interrogation mirror.

Don't know if that's something that can be done in this scale? Mirrored black is more accurate to the actual glasses used but the way they lit his glasses in the movie makes it look more like the glossy black, which might be the more preferred option.