Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 697 123451151101501 ... LastLast
    Lt. Vulture
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Default Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Ok, this is for Doctor Who free disscussion as I just started one for Torchwood. Be advised there be SPOILERS and I believe we should openly discuss everything up to Doomsday, the season 2 finale. Let the discussion begin!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Entropy Chicken Hidden Content
    anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to pissy rants on a fan based message board. Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Follow gdb On Twitter Follow gdb on Tumblr Visit gdb's Youtube Channel
    Great thread! The first thing I gotta get off my chest is how dissapointed I was that Rose left the show and that she took Jackie and Mickey with her...

As soon as I saw Doomsday I started searching the internet to see if her leaving at the end of season 2 was like Angle leaving at the end of Buffy's season 2 -- you know, only to return the next season. But alas... it looks like she (just like Eccleston before her) is gone for good which begs the question -- don't they have contracts over at the BBC? Typically in Hollywood I think you have to sign away like 5 - 7 years.

I can only hope season three introduces a bunch of regulars who we can follow and touch in with throughout the season. I really liked that aspect to the new Who.
    Hidden Content
    OPEN for commissions! Check me out on YouTube! Hidden Content

Lt. Vulture
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Yea, I wont lie. Im a 21 year old male and I cried like a baby when the Doctor couldn't get out the words "I love you". I have to say though, the show so far has been amazing. Also the seeds were sown, intentionally or ironically, in Christmas Invasions with the warning to Harriet Jones. The Doctor said "six" three times. And we don't actually KNOW that she was removed, just that there was a vote of no confidence in her. Maybe Torchwood can shed some light?

And onto the contracts... I think they may only run on a year by year deal. David Tennant apparently already knows when he will go.

One final thing, the Face of Boe. My prediction is we will see him again this season, and his revelation will be either about getting Rose back (I can dream), or that he is not the last Time Lord after all.

....Ok I lied. I was watching Dalek again and was wondering...the Doctor said he was the cause of the death of his people AND the destruction of the Dalek fleet and "watched them burn". Perhaps he destroyed a star that somehow inadvertantly destroyed Gallifrey?
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Entropy Chicken Hidden Content
    anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to pissy rants on a fan based message board. Hidden Content

Formerly Congerking
    Feedback
    I too will think the face of boe will play a major part in the series. RTD always likes to place little crumbs here which turn out to be big chunks down the road. It would really bum me out if there were to be a new doctor again so soon. I think RTD changed to Tennant after 1 season was to have a bit of spontateous storyline and then anybody can go at anytime, which I like. I'm just scared about the BRIDE that showed up at the end of last season. I'm not familiar with british comedy, but I've heard that she is a comediene. I don't know about this, I really didn't like Rose at the beginning, but she grew on me...

Red Five
    Feedback
    Gotta say I'm glad Jackie & Mickey are gone

Man could that woman whine!!

Shame about Rose though

Quote Originally Posted by congerking
    I too will think the face of boe will play a major part in the series. RTD always likes to place little crumbs here which turn out to be big chunks down the road. It would really bum me out if there were to be a new doctor again so soon. I think RTD changed to Tennant after 1 season was to have a bit of spontateous storyline and then anybody can go at anytime, which I like. I'm just scared about the BRIDE that showed up at the end of last season. I'm not familiar with british comedy, but I've heard that she is a comediene. I don't know about this, I really didn't like Rose at the beginning, but she grew on me...
    Oh i cannot stand Catherine Tate, you's are lucky that she hasn't made it across the atlantic......Yet!!!

She's just copies little britain, IMHO.

She is going to be in the xmas special.

The new girl assistant for series 3 was in a soap called crossroads i'm sure.

Love then new Who, but season two was hit or miss for me. It was waaaaay past time for Rose to go. She really grated on me this season. I also don't think she clicked with Tennant the way she did with Ecclestone

The uneven writing of their relationship also didn't help. A) "you can stay forever" b) falls in love with someone else in "Fireplace" and Rose is forgotten C) Rose is fine with this apparently, not dealt with, reset button hit in relationship--- sigh.

Also upset how superficial alot of the stories/plots were with no depth, and they felt that way. Cutting down to 45 min is not that big of an albatross. Most American shows are 45 min without commercials.

I cringe over the Doctor leving the girl as just a head, even in a comedy story. That was just dumb.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch21

I think they may only run on a year by year deal. David Tennant apparently already knows when he will go.
    What? Is he already talking about leaving?
    Hidden Content

Red Five
    Feedback
    he's agreed 3 seasons but thinking of leaving after that so we have two more seasons of him yet
    Last edited by pitchin; 10-25-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitchin
    he's agreed 3 season but thinking of leaving after that so we have to more seasons of him yet
    Thanks for the info! Well 3 seasons is a decent run then. I'm old enough to remember Colin Baker and then Slvester McCoy and ... uhg... the guy who fought Eric Roberts who revealed that the Doctor is half human... so I'm a bit gunshy when it comes to changing Doctors.
    Hidden Content