Amazon's Carnival Row

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The story was good, but a bit all over the place. Still it was really fun.
I'm also looking forward to the next season, the world-building was fantastic.

I liked it. It took me a couple episodes to get into it, but after that I was really into it. I hope they make a season 2.

Can anyone summarize what the hell this show is about?

It's pretty ambitious -- from what I recall: a fantasy universe wherein Faerie have been caught between warring human factions and assimilated (poorly) into one faction's society. Elements of Steampunk, WWI - ish tech, magic and a little Jane Austen maybe. Bunch of Faerie-on-Human sex that can be a bit risqu? given some of them are half animal.

Not sure exactly where it's going but has plenty of political intrigue on top of the magical, romantic and social sub-plots. I watched it a while back and can't remember where it left off.

And if you want to get political (and I hope this doesn't put people off watching it), it's really about racism and refugees. Handled really well, IMHO, since it never detracts or gets in the way of telling an interesting story.

Bunch of Faerie-on-Human sex

Ah-ha! That's what people are digging.

it's really about racism and refugees.

I like the analogy. Feel like this is a common -- trendy -- topic though. So much Us-versus-Them in the MCU/DCEU superhero storylines lately. A little burnt out of this theme.

I think Westworld is going in the right direction -- The Revolution. I'm more interested in the proactive FIGHT... than the political ramifications of racism.

Back