Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Thread: Ecto-1 Review

Default Ecto-1 Review

I don't get to review something this cool, this amazing, or this expensive very often, but when I do, I like to take full advantage! I'm checking out the new Ghostbusters Ecto-1 from Blitzway tonight, and there's a ton of text and photos - it's a long one!

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-030920a.htm

You can also find the review at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Check out all the reviews of the latest collectibles at Hidden Content !

I really enjoy your reviews and I share your enthusiasm with most of the car. But as nice as the white paint of the car is, this category deserves only two stars not four. The first problem with the paint you mentioned, which is the bumpers not being proper chrome. This is not a minor thing to be glossed over because others aspects of this thing are great. On a piece this expensive chrome bumpers should absolutely be the expectation.

The other major problem you failed to mention is the fact that Blitzway failed to notice the inside of the rear fins should be red. Instead of correctly painting them like the rest of the car, they used vinyl decals to cheaply cover their error. This is inexcusable should be harshly brought to light. The paint category should suffer because of these.

As usual great review otherwise. The two issues above along with the sound are by far my biggest gripes on an otherwise pretty terrific piece.
    I have spoken.Hidden Content

Just a little freaky

Feedback

I have a question about the scale and the size of this magnificent beast ... I see that you rave about the accurate scale, but from photos it looks quite a bit oversized. I haven't seen many people talk about this. Isn't oversized just as bad as undersized ?