What franchise would you most like Hot Toys to revisit (Poll)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shells075

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
HT do some great figs now but mostly its Star Wars or Marvel oriented.
What Licence would you most like to see HT revisit.
For me it would be Terminator, BTTF and Predator.

Aliens, updated Marines are long overdue. The recent Alien warrior gave us all hope, but nothing came of it. I suspect, the reason why some franchises are not revisited is down to licensing. It was probably much simpler back in 2007.

I think TDK trilogy was very well represented in 1/6, both in terms of figures and vehicles / accessories. HT put out a lot, and 3rd parties contributed as well. I can't think of anything that's sorely missing from that franchise.

I voted Rambo. They have at least 4 films to choose from and it was one of their early lines. I'd love at least one DX version from FB or FB part2. Rocky would be my second choice, mainly because again, an early HT line and another iconic Sly character. It's frustrating to me that Stallone's two most famous characters don't have a proper updated HT level quality figure, but any random MCU, SW or DC flunky has one. The fact that Barney Ross from the Expendables has two figures is laughable and sad. :dunno

All those other franchises have already gotten proper adequate figures. Sure, new figures from them are welcomed, but are they needed? Probably not.

I voted for Back to the Future but for me it's a virtual tie with Terminator. Some huge holes in both very popular franchises.

Back to the Future desperately needs Mr Fusion Delorean, mall jumpsuit Doc, and Marty and Doc in Western attire.

Terminator badly needs T1 Kyle Reese, T1/T2 Sarah Connor, and T1 Endo.

There are other wants, like Biff for example but I think realistically the ones listed above are figures that would sell well.

I don't like any of those franchises enough to have bought the original figures, so I doubt I'd care for revisits, aside from one or two things (maybe a T-800 just for show, or a Rambo). I'd take another DX Ledger Joker since I passed on him last time, and a Neeson Ras (did HT ever make one ?) though. So I went with "Other". Now, as for that. PotC would make for some fun figures. Another obligatory Jack, an updated Cannibal Jack, Davy Jones, Will & Elizabeth, Barbossa, Blackbeard, an updated Angelica, Norrington, etc. But it'd probably be niche at this point. Tron Legacy would be great, but in truth you'd just do Quora, Clu & Sam, and that's if they can get the material to work. So, I'd go with

223-2231406_updated-for-solid-metal-gear-solid-title.png

Lots of characters and interesting designs that they could make. I still don't get why they wasted the license like that.

I had to vote Alien/Aliens. The original USCM HS and bodies desperately need an upgrade. I almost voted Rocky--but Kaustic Plastic versions are close to HT quality so there is not much to add there.

I voted for "Terminator".

We've needed a T1 Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor for ages.

T2 John Connor would be great as well. I have the 3rd party one, which is nice but a HT version would be great. Include the dirt bike, too.

Last edited:
I want 1/4 versions of these:

Tom Hardy Bane
Returns Keaton
89 Keaton
Predators

A nice updated DX Rocky with street outfit/sweats/trunks would be sweet as hell

Indiana Jones and Terminator 1/2. I'd buy pretty much anything they'd release. I came into collecting later and missed them all.

Anything but the Nolan trilogy. That's been done to death already!

Rocky, Rambo, Indiana Jones I'd love to see more from.

Voted for Terminator because it would be great to get diecast T-850 and TX endos.
Would also like to see Alien/Aliens Xenomorph, Queen, updated Colonial Marines, and Power Loader
I'd get the Predator commando team--updated Dutch, Dillon, Mac, Blaine, Billy, Poncho, Hawkins
The only Batman I'm interested in at this point is '66 Batgirl, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman and Batmobile, and Batman Forever Sonar, Panther and Robin.
I think Rocky will end up being done by a smaller company or as knockoffs.
Surprised Matrix isn't listed. I have nice customs, but would still pick up Trinity, Morpheus, Smith and Twins.

HT still needs to produce more Star Wars though -- Bespin Lando, Bespin Han, Oola, Geonosis Amadala, Ep II Anakin, Senate Guard, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Asaaj Ventress, to name a few.

Last edited:
Back