Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Trick or Treat Studios are planning a line of Sixth scale Universal Monsters in the coming year. They say they will be using the sculpts from their Christmas ornaments for the heads.

    Here is the link:

    http://universalmonstersuniverse.com...ster-kid-does/
    Last edited by jungle jom; 03-01-2020 at 12:51 PM.

  2. #2
    really tremendous news.... I can't wait to see Frank, Invisible Man, Creature and Wolfman.....

  3. #3
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Co.Wicklow, Ireland
    Posts
    1,245
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Oh that?s great news.
    I hope they nail these.

  4. #4
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,186
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by jungle jom View Post
    Trick or Treat Studios are planning a line of Sixth scale Universal Monsters in the coming year. They say they will be using the sculpts from their Christmas ornaments for the heads.

    Here is the link:

    http://universalmonstersuniverse.com...ster-kid-does/
    This is great news and I would buy them if they did a great sculpt. The "ornament" scuLplts are not up to the quality of what a 2020-ERA 1/6 scale figure should be and with the technology we have for sculpting these days, it seems pretty lazy of them to not do full blown AMAZING scuplts of the Uni Monsters. The monsters get the short end of the stick in collectibles and it would be great if TOTS would take them more seriously and make a great effort and then I'll buy them all. Those ornament sculpts don't make the cut for a 1/6. Imagine if Blitzway did the monsters. That would be AMAZING. Hopefully TOTS does right by the fans like they did with the Myers 1/6 pieces

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
    This is great news and I would buy them if they did a great sculpt. The "ornament" scuLplts are not up to the quality of what a 2020-ERA 1/6 scale figure should be and with the technology we have for sculpting these days, it seems pretty lazy of them to not do full blown AMAZING scuplts of the Uni Monsters. The monsters get the short end of the stick in collectibles and it would be great if TOTS would take them more seriously and make a great effort and then I'll buy them all. Those ornament sculpts don't make the cut for a 1/6. Imagine if Blitzway did the monsters. That would be AMAZING. Hopefully TOTS does right by the fans like they did with the Myers 1/6 pieces
    My thoughts exactly when I saw the sculpts and paintwork.

    It doesn't bode well that a 1/6 line begins life as a Christmas decoration.











    "We were asked to do ornaments years ago. I had the idea to make them in 1/6th scale. Just in case we wanted to make action figures in the future, we'd have the heads. I had Alex Rey sculpt these." - Justin Mabry
    "The Frankenstein Monster is the first one that we've made optional as a bust. There's a hole in the bottom so we could retrofit them so you have the option to have them as a bust. We're also going to rework a bunch of these guys into 1/6th scale action figures. Probably images around mid-this year [you could expect to see them]. Still not sure yet as we're still trying to figure out what route we want to go. The ones we did, [the previous 1/6th scale figures], are high end, but we kept things pretty simple. There will be accessory packs in the future, but they're limited to a knife or an extra hand, rather than a whole bunch of extra items that drive the cost up. But with the Universal Monsters, we're not too sure what we'll do yet because we just started working on those." - Justin Mabry

    When he says about the 1/6 figures they made previously is he referring to the Halloween and Art figures they just revealed? Or have they done 1/6 before?


    Quote Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
    Imagine if Blitzway did the monsters. That would be AMAZING. Hopefully TOTS does right by the fans like they did with the Myers 1/6 pieces
    Still waiting for Mondo to put their Creature from the Black Lagoon up for pre-order.

  6. #6
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,186
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    My thoughts exactly when I saw the sculpts and paintwork.

    It doesn't bode well that a 1/6 line begins life as a Christmas decoration.
















    When he says about the 1/6 figures they made previously is he referring to the Halloween and Art figures they just revealed? Or have they done 1/6 before?




    Still waiting for Mondo to put their Creature from the Black Lagoon up for pre-order.
    I forgot about the Mondo figure! I gotta check that out again. As for TOTS, I'm looking forward to seeing the Uni Monsters 1/6 reveal so long as they give us the best sculpts possible using current technology. No excuses not to. Those monster Xmas ornament sculpts look nice... as ornaments... but that's about it. Come on TOTS, give us something great in 1/6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
    I forgot about the Mondo figure! I gotta check that out again. As for TOTS, I'm looking forward to seeing the Uni Monsters 1/6 reveal so long as they give us the best sculpts possible using current technology. No excuses not to. Those monster Xmas ornament sculpts look nice... as ornaments... but that's about it. Come on TOTS, give us something great in 1/6
    I wouldn't count on it. They all but said in the article that they made the ornaments in 1:6 scale so that they could use those sculpts as 1:6 figures. Throw a cheap body under them and that's basically what you are gonna get.

    My thing is that with the growth of TOTS, I honestly hope they start better business practices. They are (in my opinion) the worst company out there as far as customer service and general business dealings.

  8. #8
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,186
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by burtial View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. They all but said in the article that they made the ornaments in 1:6 scale so that they could use those sculpts as 1:6 figures. Throw a cheap body under them and that's basically what you are gonna get.

    My thing is that with the growth of TOTS, I honestly hope they start better business practices. They are (in my opinion) the worst company out there as far as customer service and general business dealings.
    The good news is we can wait for in hand pics as these won't be numbered or limited edition most likely. If they turn out great, I'll grab them but if they look thrown together then forget it. Too many great things are out there and when you look at what Blitzway and Hot Toys have done with 1/6 it's hard to let other companies be lazy. I do understand these will be priced like the Myers 1/6 so I don't expect HT or Blitzway quality but they do have to still look great. And why no Dracula? Maybe Lugosi estate didn't approve the sculpt. Good for them, they shouldn't if it isn't right

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by burtial View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. They all but said in the article that they made the ornaments in 1:6 scale so that they could use those sculpts as 1:6 figures. Throw a cheap body under them and that's basically what you are gonna get.

    My thing is that with the growth of TOTS, I honestly hope they start better business practices. They are (in my opinion) the worst company out there as far as customer service and general business dealings.
    I have the ornaments. The Wolfman actually looks like a Hot Toys Quality sculpt, and the paint is wonderful. I sit it next to my Hot toys Dooku and Tarkin, and its comparable. The way I look at it is this... they sculpted 1/6 heads to use as figures, and the ornaments are just a perk. A bone being thrown until they get it together. Mabry is actually working hard with Universal Studios for things like actor likenesses being correct, and color accurate clothing. Not the lime green jacket Frankenstein has wore since the style guide of the 1990's. I am hopeful these turn out great.

  10. #10
    Rex Tremendae Majestatis
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colombia, South America
    Posts
    13,632
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Exciting news, I hope they can do these fantastic creatures justice!


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

    I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Similar Threads

  1. Trick or Treat - WARNING: Possible spoilers ahead
    By creature4000 in forum Horror - Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 917
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 02:28 PM
  2. BIG Fire at Universal Studios!
    By Les Walker in forum Other topics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 09:51 AM
  3. Universal Monsters
    By darkgirl in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 10:17 PM
  4. What is YOUR 1/6th scale UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Wish List?
    By Dr.Mirakle32 in forum Horror - Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
  5. New Universal Monsters?
    By Vince in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 07:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •