SCAM WARNING !!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siquisiri

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Fellow Freaks,
Just some fyi i though i should share with you as many of us have had to deal with people like this when selling and buying..

I have been looking for a capt rex and posted a WTB a few weeks ago. A few days ago I received a message from a member
chrisbrumfield01 (no posts or messages, member only since 11-17-19) informing me that a person named theresa was selling one on a post a few weeks ago.. the email i was given was [email protected]
I emailed Theresa and was sent a pic of the figure. It looked great, and she only wanted $300 (First bell rang off for me here)
BUT..
She would only take paypal as a gift, because supposedly they have a new paypal account and would place a hold on the cash. This obviously seemed fishy, so i requested a written receipt, and was told "no im not a business"
I then decided to look up her email on google and the same email popped up on another taptalk forum selling old chevy car parts, in which the same email was being used by a person to scam others for cash for parts!! Same scenario, a new member of the forum was reaching out to others and giving out this Theresa persons contact info.
BEWARE my friends!!

SIQUISIRI

Fellow Freaks,
Just some fyi i though i should share with you as many of us have had to deal with people like this when selling and buying..

I have been looking for a capt rex and posted a WTB a few weeks ago. A few days ago I received a message from a member
chrisbrumfield01 (no posts or messages, member only since 11-17-19) informing me that a person named theresa was selling one on a post a few weeks ago.. the email i was given was [email protected]
I emailed Theresa and was sent a pic of the figure. It looked great, and she only wanted $300 (First bell rang off for me here)
BUT..
She would only take paypal as a gift, because supposedly they have a new paypal account and would place a hold on the cash. This obviously seemed fishy, so i requested a written receipt, and was told "no im not a business"
I then decided to look up her email on google and the same email popped up on another taptalk forum selling old chevy car parts, in which the same email was being used by a person to scam others for cash for parts!! Same scenario, a new member of the forum was reaching out to others and giving out this Theresa persons contact info.
BEWARE my friends!!

SIQUISIRI
Seriously thanks for sharing this, its sad people have to try to get over on other just to make a fast buck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Those are too many red flags. For one, NEVER deal with new member with little to no posts plus looking up someone's forum trading feedback on this site certainly helps a lot. Secondly, never send anything via PayPal gift unless you know the person. Always send money the proper way and note what that payment is for on your PayPal notes so that you're protected if anything goes wrong.

Yup. Same experience here, I'm including the text below from him, and from her - you can see all the warning signs. I figured it was a scam and just stopped communicating (but went too far with it, I REALLY wanted those figures lol), glad you reported it - I hadn't had a chance yet.

PM from chrisbrumfield01
I think i saw someone called Teresa posted a Sideshow Fives, Echo Phase 2 Armor for sale Some weeks ago. Here is her email. [email protected] She's in Texas..
My question (after emailing Teresa and figuring it was a scam): Wondered where you saw this? I can't find the post anywhere. Thanks.
Chris' response: I think he has took it off already..

"Teresa" messages:
Thanks for writing. Yes, I have a Sideshow Phase 2 Echo, Fives for sale original packaging for sale in excellent condition. I'm the original owner. Price is $300 shipped. I'm in Texas and will ship via UPS.. Email me your complete shipping information..
She only sent a pic of Echo, I asked if she had Fives as well, she responded with a pic of Fives and below:
You can make payment for both. I have Venmo. Total is $600 shipped.
I responded that I can't pay with Venmo since it's not secure like PayPal merchant payments, she wrote back:
My PayPal was hacked some weeks ago and ever since then I vowed not to use them anymore because I lose $1,232. Venmo is okay and I am a legit seller. I can also show you my license for a proof
I suspected she was fake, but figured I'd see if there was a legit way she might take the money in case I was wrong, she persisted:
I understand you being weary about making payment via Venmo without no protection. But I have couples of people emails that purchased items from me and paid through Venmo and got their package next day.
I wrote one last email saying I can't do Venmo, was there another option. She wrote:
Okay. Another options are Money Order Or Cashier Check, Bank Transfer. I?m sorry, PayPal won?t let me have account with them ever since what happened in the past and I believe with me showing you my license is still a proof that I am legit. Because you can easily trace me with the ID and I won?t want to play any game with you.. I don?t know any other option than those I just mentioned.

Yeah, I wanted them bad... I never should have persisted that long. But anyway, you can see their messages for yourself - and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how a scammer works - they prey on hope, and the more desparately you want it, the more they pick up on it and move in for the kill.

Thank God that most folks are honest and just enjoy collecting. People like these scammers make me appreciate decent folks all the more!
glad your sharing too!!

Back