Action Figure Mezco One:12 Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Reaction score
Figured it deserved its own thread...
Pics from Bleeding Cool:

img_7312.jpg

img_7313.jpg

img_7317.jpg

And a picture somebody posted of the catalog:

QC6zs4s.jpg

And coverage from Bleeding Cool:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/22/new-york-toy-fair-76-photos-from-the-mezco-toyz-booth/

And Toyark:

https://news.toyark.com/2020/02/22/toy-fair-2020-mezco-one12-collective-alien-predator-planet-of-the-apes-marvel-dc-and-more-379994

The paint apps look pretty basic... a shame, really (what is it with Japanese companies and making the alien green?). The sculpt itself looks nice, another "man in a suit" type of sculpt. The teeth look derpy however, and the torso looks a bit too long, which throws off the overall look.
Also, I'm not too fond of the rubber suit approach, that usually ends up screwing up articulation.

I doubt I will be pre-ordering this one, I'll wait for in hand pics and then probably end up buying it anyway. :lol

EDIT: don't know how to edit the title...

Last edited:
Re: Medco One:12 Alien

220px-GeordiLaForge.jpg

Geordi La Xenomorph with the front of that dome.

To edit the title do you see an option for 'advanced' editing? You should be able to correct the title that way.

What's the extra chest piece? Grappling hook? Does this mean they'll release a Ripley?

The Alien is one of the hardest figures to get right. The MAFEX and the original Kenner version are the closest we've got. Honourable mentions go to the NECA 1/4 scale and the Kotobukiya. This is cool but I thought it was an unpainted prototype at first!

The Alien is one of the hardest figures to get right. The MAFEX and the original Kenner version are the closest we've got. Honourable mentions go to the NECA 1/4 scale and the Kotobukiya. This is cool but I thought it was an unpainted prototype at first!

Kotobukiya is a masterpiece and flawless imo. Shame it's not in 1/6 scale.

Pretty good range of accessories to be fair. They even have an inner jaw with slime dripping off it.

View attachment 479736

Geordi La Xenomorph with the front of that dome.

To edit the title do you see an option for 'advanced' editing? You should be able to correct the title that way.

Awesome, thanks. :hi5:

What's the extra chest piece? Grappling hook? Does this mean they'll release a Ripley?

I really hope so... the alien looks a bit so-so for now, but I'm sure Mezco could do some amazing Nostromo crew figures!

Actually, as far as sculpts go, I rate the Kotobukiya right at the top.

Kotobukiya is a masterpiece and flawless imo. Shame it's not in 1/6 scale.

:lecture

Pretty good range of accessories to be fair. They even have an inner jaw with slime dripping off it.

Yeah, shame the jaw is permanently open. But the amount of accessories is brilliant.

Um... abake, its Mezco... not Medco. Thread title.

Yeah, that's why I was asking for help editing that. A-dev to the rescue! :clap

I could see MEZCO going deep with this line...:pray:

Hopefully, I would get all the Nostrum crew! And if they do Aliens, I can see people going crazy for the CM's...

The pressure suits could be really cool in this format.

I fear they would go with all rubber suits.

I don't really see them going too deep with this line. Maybe they'd do Ripley but I don't see anyone else being made.

Ripley would be awesome! Neca can?t seem to nail her likeness for some reason.

I'd be excited if they did the crew, but I don't think this is a great effort in regards to Big Chap.

Yeah... the more I look at it, the less I like it. The teeth are all wrong, the torso looks to be too long, the ribbing around the wrists is way too large... just a whole bunch of details that bother me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I'm such a sucker for Alien figures I'm sure I'll get it. I like how they hid the joints. Reminds me a bit of the old Medicom one. Some details are off, but I really like the skull/head shape. Dome needs to be customized and darkened up a bit.

It'll be an interesting side by side next to the Kotobukiya (god I love that one!).

Yeah... the more I look at it, the less I like it. The teeth are all wrong, the torso looks to be too long, the ribbing around the wrists is way too large... just a whole bunch of details that bother me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It’s feels sloppily sculpted in light of what we have available to us especially between the Kotobukiya which is pitch perfect (minus the screen accurate albeit ugly “false ribbing between the top and bottom halves like on the original kenner,.... and Neca fantasy accurate and mafex screen accurate (minus minor details)

I know it's specifically the Big Chap but I feel like Mezco is not out there to make an absolutely screen accurate figure, knowing how they design their comic figures.

Back