Does this head look legit or a knockoff?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Does this head sculpt look like it's legit or a knockoff? I got this and was told it was authentic, but I'm not sure. Would it say Hot Toys any where?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is that off one of those eBay auctions or from someone on here? Some of the knock-offs are really good, so sometimes hard to tell.

Does it look slightly undersized vs other Leias or HT figs? I've seen a knockoff HT Han from eBay that looked amazing paint wise but it was maybe 10% smaller than the regular HT head, almost like a teen-sized Han that looked a bit too small for a regular 1/6 Han.

Is that off one of those eBay auctions or from someone on here? Some of the knock-offs are really good, so sometimes hard to tell.

Does it look slightly undersized vs other Leias or HT figs? I've seen a knockoff HT Han from eBay that looked amazing paint wise but it was maybe 10% smaller than the regular HT head, almost like a teen-sized Han that looked a bit too small for a regular 1/6 Han.
The hot toys sculpts are usually stamped underneath near the neck. I just gave my hot toys release of her to a friend so sadly I cant check for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The problem is the fire toys one is an exact copy, just like the anakin and obi sculpts down to the paint app (the obi one isn't as hot on the paint app the other two are near flawless)

What about size? No reduction? A few others I've seen seem a bit smaller than the originals.

What about size? No reduction? A few others I've seen seem a bit smaller than the originals.
The old han and luke ep 4 ones were, the Luke dx one was slightly off and the quality of the farm boy luke one was more than apparent. For the chinese that are pro in bootleg by now it just completely baffles me how the ep4 leia anakin and obi ep3 are flawless and we arent seeing every sculpt duped. Alot of the perfect copies these days out of china are unpainted so it's more like a DIY kit then a straight knock off

Most of the KOs I'd seen on eBay are a slightly squished and this one looks perfect IMO. I can look when I get home if there's any markings on the head.

But if the knockoffs are a recast of the HT head, then wouldn't these "authentic" HT marks also simply be replicated on the recast?

Knockoffs are so well done now this is why I don't fret if I miss a figure because a recast head will be available shortly thereafter.

The paint looks like Hot Toys imo. Where did you buy this? They have any more? Lol. I?d buy one

Yeah, it's funny he didn't say where he bought it. You'd think that'd be a good piece of info to have in figuring this out.:lol

Back