Your ideal one figure/outfit representation for each major character in the MCU?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverStar17

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the title states: if you could only have one figure per major character in the MCU that has more than one figure out there, which figure or outfit would for you best represent that character? It doesn?t necessarily have to be limited to an existing figure, but can also be a non-existent 2.0 version of a particular outfit that you like that you hope HT makes.

I’ll try and start:

Avengers
Iron Man: Mk46 or Mk50
Captain America: Strike Suit (2.0)
Black Widow: CW
Hulk: AoU
Thor: TDW LA version
Hawkeye: AoU

GotG
Star-Lord: GotG1
Gamora: GotG1
Rocket: GotG1
Groot: GotG1

Villains
Thanos: EG/armored
Loki: TDW w/short scepter accessory from the Banner figure

Secondary Avengers and Miscellaneous
Scarlet Witch: CW
Falcon: CW
Spider-Man: IW Iron Spider
Dr. Strange: IW
Winter Soldier/Bucky: TWS (which I’d consider a villain)
Ant-Man: AM1
Black Panther: BP
War Machine: AoU
Nick Fury: TWS

Nice thread. This is always going through my
mind, since I do have multiple representatives for some characters. I may want to trim my collection in the future. I will follow your template.

Iron Man: Mark 85, maybe VII DC if I end up getting.
Captain America: AOU/CW, if EG turns out great, then that.
Black Widow: CW, maybe one from her solo film if I like better
Hulk: definitely the first Avengers film, I feel is most comic accurate.
Thor: TDW LA exclusive, maybe EG version.
Hawkeye: right now the first version, but hs not so good. So will be EG version.

I?m not into GOTG. But I have EG Rocket on order and should get Nebula, and if they make Mantis.

Thanos: EG armored definitely
Loki: the first Avengers film. (Plenty of accessories)

Scarlet Witch: CW. That could easily change with if EG version made, Dr. Strange 2 and WandaVision.
Falcon: If they make a Falcon and WS version
Spider-Man: I know this isn?t MCU, but I have Iron Spider from video game on order since I like comic design. But if they make classic suit...
Bucky: TWD (plenty of accessories)
Ant-Man: not really into the character. I do have the mini figure that came with one of the CW figures on display.
War Machine (I think you missed him): Mk 4 from IW

Black Panther and Captain Marvel I will wait for their sequels. I do wish I got CW Black Panther though.

Excellent idea for a thread Silver Star!!!

I?ll work from your list and add my choices:

Avengers
Iron Man: Mk46
Captain America: CW
Black Widow: CW
Thor: TDW Heavy Armor
Hawkeye: CW

GotG
Star-Lord: GotG2
Gamora: GotG2
Rocket: Endgame
Drax: GOTG 3?

Villains
Loki: Ragnarok

Secondary Avengers
Spider-Man: IW Iron Spider
Winter Soldier/Bucky: TWS
Black Panther: CW
Pepper Potts: Rescue

Others
Nick Fury: Avengers 1 (with TWS headsculpt)

Scarlet Witch:

ace198921a2877da9e57f82423ff0908f9c77f41.gif

...That's all.

Avengers
Iron Man: MkVI or MkVII
Captain America: EG (if fixed)
Thor: AoU
Black Widow: TWS (sexiest)

Villains
Loki: Avengers (crowned)
Winter Soldier: TWS

I'll always prefer the Mark III, AoU Cap and TDW Thor for the Avengers Prime (and am happy with most of the others) but I'm still cheesed we never got this look from HT:

q20g7yq.jpg

I thought most people liked the AoU Thor as the best representation of Thor. When did that change to TDW LA with parted mouth?
I think it had always been TDW LA. Better likeness and expression. I believe the hair is lighter too.

Oh yeah I forgot Black Panther and War Machine.

BP: BP
WM: AoU

I thought most people liked the AoU Thor as the best representation of Thor. When did that change to TDW LA with parted mouth?

For me it’s always been TDW LA version. I like the dirty effect on the bottom edge of the cape, and despite the slightly parted mouth (which I do agree is slightly awkward when you really look at it), I still somehow think it’s the best portrait. As was mentioned, the hair is closer in color being that it’s lighter, and I like the way the sculpted hair drapes on the shoulders better. The AoU hair I think comes up off of the shoulders a bit too much, even when the head is facing forward.

What I mostly like on the AoU version is the more crimson colored cape.

Black Widow: TWS (sexiest)

True. CW I think boasts the best likeness, but I agree she looked sexiest in TWS.

I think it had always been TDW LA. Better likeness and expression. I believe the hair is lighter too.

I recall this as well. I recall seeing many people saying throughout the threads they thought TDW LA is the best, but don’t recall very many people saying they thought AoU is the best.

Well, when IW came out I was looking for the ultimate Thor representation and AoU was the answer I got from a number of members here. Also, most of the youtube Thor comparisons prefer the AoU over TDW... so that's why I thought that.

Granted I have no Thor at all in hand so I really don't know.

Ironman- diecast Avengers Mark VI/Mark 47 homecomming
Thor-TDW Asguadian armor version/IW
Cap- AoU/CW (for hot toys) but overall 1/4 Iron studios-End game suit cause ht version sucks
Hulk- Avengers
BW-CW
WM- CW
Falcon-CW
BP-CW
Ant-Man- Ant-Man 1
Hawkeye-AoU
Loki- Ragnarok with avengers version staff
Thanos-Endgame Armored
Bucky-IW/TWS for his WS villain persona
SW-New Avenger costume wise/CW for sculpt and overall package
Nick Fury-TWS
Star Lord- Gotg1
Gamora- Gotg1
Groot- Gotg1
Rocket- End Game
Dr Strange- Dr Strange
Spiderman- IW (but i dont own it cause of the suit material/ Homecoming out of the ones i own

This was tougher than i thought it was going to be. I let overall quality of the figure influence some of my decision rather then basing strictly on costume. I still may change a few lol

Well, when IW came out I was looking for the ultimate Thor representation and AoU was the answer I got from a number of members here. Also, most of the youtube Thor comparisons prefer the AoU over TDW... so that's why I thought that.

I have 4 Thors and honestly i like them all including gladiator and road warn (which has the same HS as AoU just better painted). Of all the headsculpts tdw is best for his long haired look and iw for his short haired look. Gladiator thor is basically the same sculpt as iw but i display mine with the helmet. Road warn (AoU) is the worst of the bunch in terms of likeness imo, falls a bit short of the others.

Stand Alone

Iron Man - Mark 85

Captain America - WWII Rescue Version 2012 TF EX

Thor - Roadworn Thor 2017 TF EX or IW or Endgame (I can’t decide, all great)

Hulk - Avengers

Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Hawkeye - AOU

Avengers Team Up

Iron Man - Mark 7

Captain America - AOU

Thor - Endgame

Black Widow - Endgame

Hulk - Avengers

Hawkeye - AOU

GOTG

Starlord - GOTG1

Drax - GOTG1

Gamora - GOTG2

Groot - GOTG1

Rocket - GOTG1

Other Heroes

Falcon - CW

Winter Soldier/Bucky - TWS

Doctor Stange - IW

Spider Man - IW

Ant Man - AM1

Scarelt Witch - Endgame

Villains

Loki - Avengers

Thanos - Endgame

Iron Man - Mk7
Cap - Endgame
Thor - eh... They've not really done a definitive Thor. I'd probably go with Endgame but ideally I want something more classic but with better likeness than they'd managed pre-Ragnarok.
Hulk - Avengers
Black Widow - Endgame
Hawkeye - Endgame
Dr Strange - Dr Strange
Spider-Man - Homecoming
Bucky - Winter Soldier
Ant Man - Ant Man 1
Black Panther - Civil War
War Machine - Civil War
Falcon - Civil War
Captain Marvel - Endgame
Thanos - Endgame armour
Loki - Avengers
Vision - either
Guardians - all GotG1, except Starlord (GotGv2) and Rocket (Endgame)
Nick Fury - TWS.

Avengers:
Iron Man: Avengers 1 Mark VI or VII diecast
Captain America: CW
Thor: Thor 1 or IW
Hulk: Avengers 1
Black Widow: TWS
Hawkeye: AoU
Doctor Strange: IW
Spider-Man: Homecoming regular suit
War Machine: CW
Nick Fury: TWS

GotG:
Star-Lord: GotG2
Gamora: GotG2
Drax: GotG1
Rocket: GotG2

Villains:
Thanos: EG armored
Loki: Avengers 1 (his best costume design complete with the scepter, and the only smirking Loki head sculpt)
Winter Soldier: TWS

Last edited:
Interesting topic. Let's see

Avengers

Iron Man MK VII DC: A1 (Although that might change depending on how the Mark 85 turns out)
Captain America: AOU (Still love the classic color scheme)
Thor: AOU
Hulk: A1
Black Widow: CW (if they ever release a 2.0 of the IM2 version, that could change)
Hawkeye: EG

Secondary Avengers

War Machine Mark 1: IM2 (Still a beast)
Scarlet Witch: AOU (New Avengers version)
Doctor Strange: IW
Ant Man: AM1
Iron Patriot: EG (I know it still Rhodey, but there were 2 IP suits)
Spider Man Stark Suit: HC

Villians

Loki: A1
Winter Soldier: WS
Thanos: EG

GotG

Star Lord: GotG 1 ( I always liked the smirk better than the stoner face)
Gamora: GotG 2
Drax: GotG 1
Rocket: EG (Closer to how he looks in the comics)
Groot: GotG 1

Other

Nick Fury: A1
Deadpool: DP2

I have 4 Thors and honestly i like them all including gladiator and road warn (which has the same HS as AoU just better painted). Of all the headsculpts tdw is best for his long haired look and iw for his short haired look. Gladiator thor is basically the same sculpt as iw but i display mine with the helmet. Road warn (AoU) is the worst of the bunch in terms of likeness imo, falls a bit short of the others.

I also have four Thors: T1, TDW LA, AoU, and Gladiator. Out of those, I think TDW LA is the best representation. AoU and that figure are essentially the same, and I give TDW LA the nod for that short sleeved long haired look because of the stronger sculpt, better hair, and the more detailed cape.

If I were to ideally only have three Thor figures after all said and done, I’d probably whittle it down to these:

TDW LA - Best long haired representation wielding Mjolnir; covers the no-sleeve look.

Gladiator - Covers a helmeted and/or short haired look while wielding other various weapons.

EG - Completely different look than the previous two by having the long beard, and covers a long sleeved representation while wielding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir.

And if I could only have one out of those three to represent Thor?

TDW LA ftw.

I'll have to relook at the TDW Thor.

I do like the more muted look of the costume and the darker red cape on AoU Thor. But if the TDW sculpt is truly superior in hand, as most here are saying, then that makes all the difference.

I?m surprised this hasn?t been discussed before, or maybe it has. Either way I?ve also thought about this a lot. I sometimes think of slimming my collection down to one figure per character, but I can never bring myself to do it. Anyway, here?s my list:

Iron Man - Mark VII
Captain America - Civil War
Thor - TDW LA
Hulk - Avengers
Hawkeye - AoU
Black Widow - CW
Scarlet Witch - New Avengers
Bucky - TWS
Star Lord - GotG2
Thanos - Endgame
Loki - TDW
Spider-Man - Homecoming Promo

I'll have to relook at the TDW Thor.

I do like the more muted look of the costume and the darker red cape on AoU Thor. But if the TDW sculpt is truly superior in hand, as most here are saying, then that makes all the difference.

I agree about the AoU cape, love the crimson of it. I also like the muted colors of the AoU suit, maybe I?ll need to swap my head over. I agree with others that TDW sculpt has the best likeness to Hemsworth, despite the open mouth expression.

aeccadd1089bfd7eb1e78b1ad0a76448.jpg

Yep, I also like the overall crimson color of the cape on AoU Thor. However, I also like the dark dirty effect at the bottom edge of TDW LA cape, as I feel it gives it a bit more detail and character.

Back