Rank your fave franchises

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw a survey that said Star Wars fans love Marvel, like DC and don't like Star Trek.

That sounded like the opposite of me, so I thought I'd rate my favourites. (Have broken out my favourite individual comic heroes rather than Marvel/DC overall)

Mine's a top 10, but list as many as you like. If I went further I'd have Terminator, Alien, Spidey, LOTR etc.

1. Star Wars
  2. Star Trek
  3. The Matrix
  4. Blade Runner
  5. Battlestar Galactica (Classic)
  6. Batman
  7. The Lone Ranger
  8. The Six Million Dollar Man
  9. Doctor Who (Classic)
  10. Superman

Well, no particular ranking from me at this time. I'm just listing everything I can think of right now

Alien ('79 and '86 are awesome, Fincher's A3 is good, Prometheus has nice visuals and atmosphere)

Terminator ('84 and T2 are awesome enough to compensate for the rest ranging from terrible to 'not awful but not canon')

Predator ('87 is a high peak, P2 is a worthy follow-up, Predators was watchable. The rest are very dodgy)

Star Trek (lots of amazing television back in the day and at least a few great films, not great in recent years though in either medium)

Star Wars (Original Trilogy TM, Rogue One, Solo and, tentatively, The Mandalorian)

Robocop (a one film franchise but it's a damn good one)

Back to the Future (III is the weakest IMO but still very enjoyable)

Indiana Jones (even KOTCS isn't the crime I thought it was initially, just a bit boring in places, and wastes John Hurt)

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Lethal Weapon (I love all four movies)

Die Hard (I-III the first obviously being the peak)

The Matrix (Peaked with the first but I very much enjoy the others, some sequences and dated CGI excepted)

Raimi Spiderman (3 is the weakest and yet I enjoy it still)

Batman (Burton and Nolan did it so very differently but I will watch both styles)

JAWS (just thought of it, it's a franchise! Like Robocop though, only one of them is worthwhile and it is clearly Jaws The Reve-ermm JAWS!)

Jurassic Park (the first is supreme, the rest range from decent - Lost World/Jurassic World - to wtf - whatever the last one was)

Rocky and Creed (Stallone's life basically. A great series, setting aside some cheese in III, IV and V the drama and much of the characterization is excellent, a lot of great acting - in particular from Stallone)

Blade Runner (2 very good films)

Last edited:
a-dev, did I miss something or do I have you confused for someone who likes LOTR...?

And Clown, you should like the Joker trilogy BEST -- maybe its because its in reverse you don't like it.

Batman '89 - Joker gets old and fat and makes childish jokes and fart sounds; story about senility

TDK - Joker hits his peak -- he's smart, super-strong and cunning

Joker - origin story; story about the upside of mental illness

a-dev, did I miss something or do I have you confused for someone who likes LOTR...?

And Clown, you should like the Joker trilogy BEST -- maybe its because its in reverse you don't like it.

Batman '89 - Joker gets old and fat and makes childish jokes and fart sounds; story about senility

TDK - Joker hits his peak -- he's smart, super-strong and cunning

Joker - origin story; story about the upside of mental illness

:lol :lol

Omg. That's true.

I'm not a LOTR superfan by any means, I like them though so count me in for those.

I'm in line with your extensive franchise list... but I would add Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings... and James Bond. How can you NOT have James Bond?

You didn't forget. Deep down you know there is nothing after Raiders.

One great movie. That could be said about several franchises.

I'm in line with your extensive franchise list... but I would add Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings... and James Bond. How can you NOT have James Bond?

Yeah I just forgot Bond. Actually, while typing my post I remembered it but quickly forgot it again.

Never been a POTC fan though. The first one was unnecessarily long and any others that I saw seemed to be likewise.

Star Trek
Star Wars
LOTR
Indiana Jones
Mad Max
Termniator
Aliens
Godfather
James Bond
Back to the Future

TV:
Star Trek
MASH
Taxi
Mork & Mindy
Starsky & Hutch
Hulk
Law & Order
Hawaii 5-0 (original)
Perry Mason
Twilight Zone (original)

With TV I'd have to say The X-Files (and technically there were what, two theatrical releases?) - the grander story wasn't the most satisfying unfortunately but Mulder and Scully and many of the side characters were reason enough to stick it out.

Its weird but somehow a lot of my favorite franchises have been watered down with horrible sequels or over exposure. Imagine that....

Star Wars
Star Trek
LOTR
Raiders
Blade Runner
Jaws
BTTF
The Matrix
Terminator (although that last film was pure trash)
Ghostbusters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Franchises" is key. I'm going to assume that it's at least more than two films to qualify.

Lord of the Rings (Extended Edition for all three films.) Not sure if to include the Hobbit trilogy, as while ok, were definitely not at the level of LotR.

Star Wars (OT, R1, Mandalorian (so far) and I'll toss a bone at "Solo". Can live without the PT and the ST royally sucked.)

Indiana Jones (Raiders is king. ToD and Crusade were ok. We do not speak of Crystal Skull at my house...)

Mad Max (Classic Trilogy)

Terminator (T1 and T2. T3 was meh, Salvation, ok. The rest are best forgotten.)

Alien and Aliens (forget the rest)

Godfather (1 and 2 are classics. 3 was ok)

James Bond (lots of hits and misses in this franchise)

Back to the Future (classic trilogy)

Matrix (1 was instant classic. 2 & 3 were ok.)

Star Trek (Original Cast films were good to great, for the most part. TNG = "Generations" and "First Contact". Forget the rest. Jar Jar's reboot - The first film was actually enjoyable. "Into Darkness" was ok. "Beyond" was meh.

Last edited:
Its weird but somehow a lot of my favorite franchises have been watered down with horrible sequels or over exposure. Imagine that....

Star Wars
Star Trek
LOTR
Raiders
Blade Runner
Jaws
BTTF
The Matrix
Terminator (although that last film was pure trash)
Ghostbusters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Ghostbusters and The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, but that's not enough for me to call it a franchise. It's like TMNT, I love the 1990 film, but the rest are crap.

Back