Licenses Or Characters That You Were Not A Fan Of In The Past You Grew To Love Now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xb24

Super Freak
Reaction score
Which licenses or characters that you a were not fan of in the past you grew to love now ?

Re: Licenses or characters you grew to love now that you weren't fan of in the past?

I honestly can’t say I have any — if I disliked it then (Star Wars prequels come to mind) — I still dislike it. Now, if you had asked, what franchises did I love years ago, but have lost interest in today — that list i can add to.

Re: Licenses or characters you grew to love now that you weren't fan of in the past?

Rocky.

Although I never bought any merchandise. I wish I'd collected the NECA line.

I have Rocky and Apollo on my wall. I would get them if HT made them again.

The Snakes from Metal Gear Solid. God, if only I had been born sooner just to play snake eater and guns of patriots when they came out.
Never paid attention to the MGS franchise until I picked up MGS 5 and played all the other ones subsequently. Really want that Aehab figure that is being made by LimToys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which licenses or characters that you a were not fan of in the past you grew to love now ?

LOL about everything I've got a collecting fetish for now:cool:. Started as a "fantasy fan" which usually meant not paying that much attention to SW, Dune, etc. (anything I thought was "too scifi" and "not organic") And didn't think much of comics either - didn't usually like the art styles, for one thing. A character called "Captain America?" :pfft:!

Fast forward and 1) had to backtrack and read a lot 2) got a new appreciation for different art styles 3) still reading a lot 4) generally blown away by the creativity, lore, deep mythology/lore/history of stuff I hadn't paid a lot of attention to....

and 5) like a lot of collectors I guess the shelves runneth over and waiting on a new cabinet getting shipped, 'coz the MCU figs have taken available space and I need room for the (planned) Mando figs:monkey3. A while back if someone said I'd shell out for a Harley Quinn 1/10 would've laughed at them. Or be sad 'coz the SSC Dewback is long gone unless I wanna pay *insane* prices:crying. And I'd own quite a lot of Caps:inlove (as well as comic reading).

So, yeah. Still collect LOTR/Hobbit, POTC, different fantasy stuff:Wizard...but man, what a time to be alive. MCU 10-year, staggering CGI, global fan communities that share incredible art, cosplay, dioramas, weapons. Plenty of things that suck like the comic stores close, rising prices, movie misfires and comics with *&^% art IMO (e.g. when it looks like no-one is trying vs. the detailed old school stuff), classic characters/stories derailed with agendas, *&^% overpriced collectibles...
but *humbly*:vader just goes to show, pays to keep an open mind.

harley_IS.jpg

Back