Marriage Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

generalszabo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, when I heard about this film I put off seeing it as it didn't seem that interesting. And really, not a lot happens in it, but the direction and performances are outstanding, I wouldn't mind if this beat joker to best picture.

It's funny in parts with great supporting performances from Laura dern and Ray liotta, but at the end of the day it's one of the saddest films I've ever seen. It really showcases scarlett johansson and Adam driver as amazing actors and they are both Oscar nominated for this.

It's one of those films you never want to end as you know there won't be a perfect happy ending and you care about the family, it's brutal in its honesty and makes you think about life and how it goes on (until it doesn't)

I wasn't surprised not to find a thread on here for it but does anyone else share my feelings?

My favourite film of last year after Endgame and Knives Out. Adam Driver should get the Oscar but the Academy are busy gargling Joaquin's balls.

the sad reality is many Academy voters do not see all the films.They just do not watch them.It's really an unfair competition that was revealed early in it's History by actors/directors refusing to accept awards and not attending the ceremony.

This was an excellent film with brutal emotion.Best work by Scarlett and Adam yet IMO.

Jojo rabbit was great too, glad johansson got a nomination for that too, am sure she'll get an Oscar one day, if not this year

I just watched this yesterday, and while I don't think it was a great movie by any means (just a modern Kramer Vs Kramer really) man, that Adam Driver is just a beast of an actor. I had no idea he was this good.

Jojo rabbit was great too, glad johansson got a nomination for that too, am sure she'll get an Oscar one day, if not this year

Couldn't get through Jojo - great costumes and production design but the tone was really off and the story kinda weak. I got maybe half way through then had to switch it off.

I just watched this yesterday, and while I don't think it was a great movie by any means (just a modern Kramer Vs Kramer really) man, that Adam Driver is just a beast of an actor. I had no idea he was this good.

Yeah, I think I wasn't as impressed with ScarJo mostly because Driver was so amazing to watch.

His Kylo Ren was the only good thing in that dumpster fire. He's clearly the standout in all 3.

Yeah, Driver's performance is really one of the few things to recommend the ST. And even with him in them I struggle to muster much interest in watching them.

Being the stereotypical late 70's early 80's Gen X latch key kid, because my parents divorced when I was very young, this movie is very relatable. While it is very good (Driver is incredible in this), it's not something that I can watch again.

I love when he sang towards the end. Surprised me a lot. If you ever been through a bad break up you can definitely relate to something like that

If you ever been through a bad divorce, as I have, this movie will hit home quite a bit. Like when so many people lose their babies every year to a Dingo, A Cry in the Dark is probably a tough watch as well.

Spam spam spammy spam.
depositphotos_19164815-stock-photo-young-business-man-taking-notes.jpg

Go on......go on......go on........I'm listening......yes.....

Back