Netflix: Locke & Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
Its very exciting to see Joe Hill?s graphic novel Locke and Key come to Netflix!

For those whom are unaware of this great story, its been in graphic novel for for quite some time.

Joe Hill (Stephen Kings son) weaves a masterful tale about a family recovering from tragedy by traveling back to their ancestral home , ?Key House?.

Key House is full of secret doors and keys that lead to adventure and danger.

I watched to first few episodes and they absolutely nailed the characters , the minor changes in casting were actually a great improvement.

It feels like a big Hollywood movie and the camera work , effects and acting are great!

So if your into the weird and paranormal, murder and mayhem, check it out.

Of course, read the graphic novel first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you liked it. I loved the graphic novels too and can't wait to watch the series

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I liked this. Started watching yesterday and just got to the end.

IMDB says that Netflix has already renewed it for a second season.

I've got all the comics but have only glanced through them.

Nice glad to see it. They story actually get way better Vol 2-5.

While the background/scenery art is really detailed and very immersive, the 'comical' artwork of the characters put me off delving too deep into the comics, but after finishing the Netflix series I opened them up again for a closer look.

Grindhouse has that great 'Guide to Keyhouse' with the numbered floor plans and elevations. I'm a sucker for blueprints.

I watched episode 1 and found it a bit too much Teen TV, however the story seems good so I'll give it a good go with the rest of the episodes.
Although, I read a synopsis calling it a horror show... I can see it heading that way, but it just doesn't feel like it'll be a horror, am I wrong? I was hoping for it to be a little bit scary! haha!
It's good to see people are enjoying it though - gives me hope.

The first part of the story is more about the kids and how they work together. Its setting up a parallel with the parents.

Horror? Not quite, more Lovecraft like.

This theme to this show
Is one of the best TV themes every made.

Its infuriating that Netflix caters to the binge crowd and cuts off the credits 3 seconds in.

Most people will never get to know this amazing score.

As I recall season two wasn't so good, but since the third and allegedly final season recently dropped I decided to go back and re-watch from the beginning.

It's still good so far, but I'm intrigued to reach season two again to rediscover why I didn't think it was good enough to keep.

As I recall season two wasn't so good, but since the third and allegedly final season recently dropped I decided to go back and re-watch from the beginning.

It's still good so far, but I'm intrigued to reach season two again to rediscover why I didn't think it was good enough to keep.
Season 3 is easily the worst, although they did end it well and it does seem like it is finished for good.

Back