Bandai 1/72 Gold Leader Y-Wing Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking

Super Freak
Reaction score
My great friend Steve in Sweden has made another home run with the shrunken down ILM quality paintjob that he's working on for my 1/72 Gold Leader Y-Wing Fighter model. Just awesome work.

84-Y-Wing-Progress-210120.jpeg

88-Y-Wing-Progress-310120.jpg

Wow!!! I wish I could make my Y-wing half as good as that. He did an excellent job.

LOVE it.. those bandai kits are soooo good. wish I would have more time for those tings :(

Thanks all.
Here's the completed ship on its stand together with some side by side comparisons with the much larger ILM original. (ILM on the left, Bandai on the right).

fullsizeoutput_3751.jpeg

Y-Wing-Chronicles-Comparison.jpg

YW-01-Comparison2.jpg

Here's a fun photo that shows just how much smaller the 1/72 version is compared to the 1/24 studio scale model. Amazing that my friend has been able to scale down the ILM quality paintjob and without making any of it look out of scale.

1-24th-and-1-72nd-Y-Wing.jpg

I've got to say that these Bandai kits are INCREDIBLY well detailed considering their small scale. It's clear that the team who work on these releases for Bandai are putting their heart and soul into the products!

Awesome piece. Thanks for the pics... gonna add that 1/24 studio scale shot for reference when I get around to building mine.

Final batch of photos that my friend sent just before it was boxed up for shipping!

fullsizeoutput_376c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_376f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3765.jpeg

Back