Dune 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
No love for Dune guys and gals?

If ya didnt know theres a new movie coming in December which I for one am really excited about.

Love the 84 movie too. Yeah it has its flaws but the fact that they even attempted it is amazing. It is visually a great movie with some cool scenes for the most part.

Im reading the book again right now too actually. One thing that always bothered me about the writing style of the book is all the god damn character in it. I mean it?s okay but what drives me crazy is the dualism of the characters names. Most all of them are referred to by either their first, last,titled full name all at once. It?s all over the place. Which gets really confusing... but Im used to now. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am eager to see the new Dune Movie. I thought it was coming out at the end of the year though. I read that they are expecting December. I am also looking forward to a 4K version of the 84 version. Hopefully it will be remastered and have some new supplements as well.

Looks like this is coming in December, not April (last I heard some major characters like Feyd Harkonnen still have yet to be cast.) But I can't wait. Hopefully this one doesn't bomb so that Villeneuve can continue getting big budgets for additional sci-fi epics.

I meant to say December guys. Sorry for the confusion. Typing on the phone app is annoying. Lol.

Im fine with December. Theyre saying that they don?t want to compete with blockbuster summer releases is why. Same as Bladerunner 2049

I do see this doing way better but it is a bit disturbing not to see anyone post its news in this forum yet. Hope it does well and we get more Dune.

People that saw it already from test screening said what they saw was amazing. They wished they could speak of of it. I cant wait.

Honestly the reason I haven't brought it up is because like BR 2049 I'm gonna try to see this one as "cold" as possible (despite it being based on a famous book.)

No love for Dune guys and gals?

If ya didnt know theres a new movie coming in December which I for one am really excited about.

Love the 84 movie too. Yeah it has its flaws but the fact that they even attempted it is amazing. It is visually a great movie with some cool scenes for the most part.

Im reading the book again right now too actually. One thing that always bothered me about the writing style of the book is all the god damn character in it. I mean it?s okay but what drives me crazy is the dualism of the characters names. Most all of them are referred to by either their first, last,titled full name all at once. It?s all over the place. Which gets really confusing... but Im used to now. Lol.

Got luv for it - I liked the '84 treatment tho obviously dated now, but IMO well worth watching - seem to remember some other version I didn't care for.

Just a bit wary as IMO the '84 version was well cast, good script - will definitely check out latest version. Yeah, the books can be kinda heavy - haven't read them all - but pretty sure others have ripped Dune and its concepts off along the way.

I hate you...

2miQIWE.gif

eUD6xVr.gif

Plus the guy has *publicly* declared his desire to direct a stand-alone SW film. So what does KK do? Offer a job to Taika Waititi who has publicly stated that he doesn't want to do a SW film, lol. :slap

Didn't know he had stated that. Can't see that ever happening.

The Dune books are amazing, I especially love Dune, God Emperor and Chapterhouse.

I remember being mildly disappointed back when the movie came out. To this day, I don?t think I?ve ever watched it in its entirety again.

At any rate, this Villeneuve version is my most looked forward movie of the year. I have high hopes for it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

The Dune books are amazing, I especially love Dune, God Emperor and Chapterhouse.

I remember being mildly disappointed back when the movie came out. To this day, I don?t think I?ve ever watched it in its entirety again.

At any rate, this Villeneuve version is my most looked forward movie of the year. I have high hopes for it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Just finished the 84 version a bit ago and I just got to say, if you never read the book you wouldnt have a clue what?s going on in this film. Looks cool but the pacing is very slow in the beginning, as well as off throughout the whole film and the story is not told in a coherent manor. It?s like they read the book word for word or like I was listening g to the audible.. [emoji23] without delivering it in a way for people to understand it.

That said having seen the movie first, it helped me in the book figure out who?s who character wise.

Got to read God emperor!

'Dune' is one of my favourite novels of all time. I've also read 'Children of Dune' and 'God Emperor of Dune' -- while they're well-imagined, I don't consider them the masterpiece that the opening novel was.

The '84 film was of its time and I appreciate it for what it is, and then there was that mini-series a while back that made an effort to hew closer to the novels ... looking forward to seeing what they come up with this time around. It's difficult to translate to screen, I think ... would almost be better as a 'Game of Thrones' level television series.

'Dune' is one of my favourite novels of all time. I've also read 'Children of Dune' and 'God Emperor of Dune' -- while they're well-imagined, I don't consider them the masterpiece that the opening novel was.

The '84 film was of its time and I appreciate it for what it is, and then there was that mini-series a while back that made an effort to hew closer to the novels ... looking forward to seeing what they come up with this time around. It's difficult to translate to screen, I think ... would almost be better as a 'Game of Thrones' level television series.

Yeah I think it?s gonna be series either way.

A lot of people said to me that God Emperor was even better than the original book which I found a little strange, so that?s why I want to check it out.

I do appreciate movie. I loved it as a kid, even though new nothing of what was going on until I found interest in the book recently. Just we need something newer to our time. I love the soundtrack. I put the Prophecy theme while I?m reading the book, very immersive. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back