Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ABOUT THIS LIFE-SIZE FIGURE
?I would like to see the baby.?

Sideshow presents The Child Life-Size Figure, created in partnership with Legacy Effects to bring you the galaxy?s most sought-after bounty.

Lovingly referred to by audiences as ?Baby Yoda?, the mysterious alien known as The Child has quickly become the breakout fan-favorite of Star Wars?: The Mandalorian on Disney+. Now eager collectors can become a clan of two and bring home the asset as an incredible 1:1 scale Star Wars collectible, no tracking fob needed.

The Child Life-Size Figure measures 16.5? tall, standing on a simple black podium base that lets this adorable alien steal all of the focus- along with the Mandalorian?s ship parts. Inspired by its unique onscreen appearance, this mixed media statue features a tan fabric coat swaddling The Child as it gazes up with charming wide eyes, hiding the silver shift knob from the Razor Crest? in its right hand.

Every inch of this incredibly lifelike figure has been meticulously detailed to recreate everything that Star Wars fans love about the young alien, from the fuzz on its wrinkled head to its irresistible pout, all the way down to its tiny, toddling feet. Fans looking to bring home The Mandalorian collectibles need look no further- bounty hunting is a complicated profession but collecting the galaxy?s cutest alien has never been easier!

Secure the asset for your Star Wars figures collection and bring home The Child Life-Size Figure today.

Artists
Legacy Effects (Sculpt) (Mold and Cast) (Paint) (Cut and Sew) (Development) (Design)
The Sideshow Design and Development Team (Development) (Design)

ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS:
Materials: Fabric , Plastic , Resin
Product Size: Height: 16.5" (419.1 mm) | Width: 13" (330.2 mm) | Depth: 9" (228.6 mm) |

$350

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204bdad395.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204be02fcb.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204be4f668.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204beaa316.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204bf01680.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204bf4db38.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204c03befd.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204c2367b0.jpg

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5e3204d097759.jpg

Last edited:
got thru for 1. submitted payment and site crashed. but i got an order confirmation email and it shows up in my account history. their site is trash

Price is steep as hell, but snatch one now on PO and dwell on it even if I lose the 35$ in the long run, then miss out and end up Regretting it

If I wasn't so dang uncertain about SS's production quality I'd potentially swing a PO.

Doesn?t look like they are actually manufacturing it, but Legacy Effects. I got an order in. My wife urged me on when I showed it to her and she usually doesn?t care at all about my collection, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn?t look like they are actually manufacturing it, but Legacy Effects. I got an order in. My wife urged me on when I showed it to her and she usually doesn?t care at all about my collection, lol.

Not questioning you, given that I haven't seen the site page yet as it's down, but they what's been transcribed here says partnership. Does Legacy Effects manufacturer stuff independently? In my mind this reads that SS contracted them to make the prototype but it'll pass through their usual production venues.
Yeah that was also my concern, i guess Im just gambling with 35$ at this point, could be worst
Fair point. I'll think about it if I ever can get into the site I suppose. But I also can't imagine this will be excessively limited. It's basically printing money for them. If it's a numbered LE they're only hurting themselves.

Not questioning you, given that I haven't seen the site page yet as it's down, but they what's been transcribed here says partnership. Does Legacy Effects manufacturer stuff independently? In my mind this reads that SS contracted them to make the prototype but it'll pass through their usual production venues. Fair point. I'll think about it if I ever can get into the site I suppose. But I also can't imagine this will be excessively limited. It's basically printing money for them. If it's a numbered LE they're only hurting themselves.

This is what it says so I dunno:

Artists

Legacy Effects (Sculpt) (Mold and Cast) (Paint) (Cut and Sew) (Development) (Design)
The Sideshow Design and Development Team (Development) (Design)

Also...isn?t the same Legacy Effects the company that made the actual puppet for the show?

Why are people thinking this will sell out? It's limited with no edition size announced yet. they're going to sell the **** out of this before they cap it off.

I ordered one too. I wonder if HT will also make a life size figure that can be posed? This might open the Baby Yoda floodgates.

Why are people thinking this will sell out? It's limited with no edition size announced yet. they're going to sell the **** out of this before they cap it off.

Imagine if they put a number on it like 500. Their servers would melt. I ordered because I definitely want it so might as well make sure.

If I wasn't so dang uncertain about SS's production quality I'd potentially swing a PO.

Oh no!!! I see the dreaded developed in partnership with Legacy Effects :gah:

Anyone who has seen the Iron Man pieces, knows that most of the time it’s like the touch of death.

The most recent Mark 3 wasn’t half bad, but the handful of pieces before it were disasters. Disasters in that they never get close to the prototype, not even in the same vicinity really.

But fingers crossed, as I don’t think I can resist.... I might even get more than one:dunno

The half scale ESB Yoda is fantastic, so Sideshow has managed to pull off something similar in the recent past. Hopefully Baby Yoda turns out just as well.

I don't think Legacy was? But the Legendary Yoda was also a resin piece and it was one of the best things Sideshow has ever made so I trust that this one will turn out as well.

From the photos, my concern is that it looks like it was made from some sort of translucent material. It has a sort of soft, wet translucent effect like silicon etc. But supposedly it’s made out of ‘Fabric, Plastic, Resin’. I just hope they can duplicate this effect :pray:

From the photos, my concern is that it looks like it was made from some sort of translucent material. It has a sort of soft, wet translucent effect like silicon etc. But supposedly it?s made out of ?Fabric, Plastic, Resin?. I just hope they can duplicate this effect :pray:

Me too! I wouldn't have been as quick to order if silicon or rubber was listed.

Side note: Does this Baby Yoda have feet?

Back