Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    201 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling

Default G.I. Joe: Classified 6? figures

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/01/13...ure-line-67626

Sounds like the figures will be revealed at Toy Fair next month.

Wave one is reportedly

Snake Eyes x2 per case
    Destro
    Duke
    Scarlett
    Roadblock

A solid first wave though surprisingly Cobra-less with Destro technically being MARS. I?d imagine the upcoming waves will correct that balance some with Storm Shadow, Cobra Trooper, Baroness, and Cobra Commander undoubtedly close behind. Already a report of a exclusive store variant as well so I wouldn?t be surprised to see Pimp Daddy Destro this year either as that variant or at SDCC. This has been a long rumored line but thankfully the upcoming Snake Eyes film has given Hasbro enough reason to reboot the brand at retail. Hopefully they can get a 3 3/4? revival going as well, perhaps similar to the Star Wars vintage collection. A slow drip is better than no figures at that scale at least.

I?m personally excited for this line and think the 6? size might just be what this brand needs right now. 6? is King at retail right now and I?m curious to see how the larger scale will potentially give us better looking figures than the smaller size ever could. The limitation of vehicles is the one real drawback of the scale. Smaller ones will certainly happen but even medium sized vehicles would be massive risks to produce without strong support for the line. Even Star Wars couldn?t sell a 6? Tie Fighter successfully at retail. I?m not sure a Hisstank would fair well either but I?d love to see that sized vehicles happen.

Banned

Feedback
    76 (100%)
    Only interested as long they are ARAH 80's classic based on either the 80's Card art (would be a dream), Cartoon, or straight up recreations of the original 80's 3 3/4 line in 6" scale. I don't want interpretations or movie crap. Give us figures straight off the card!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joe-destro-v29-art.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	477173

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    201 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    I can all but guarantee we’ll be seeing movie figures mixed in like marvel legends does. With the new Snake Eyes movie coming out, figures from that are a must and probably the only reason this line is even seeing the light of day. I would hope hasbro keeps this classical, at least at first. New looks and interpretations are inevitable after a few waves or years.

Banned

Feedback
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
    I can all but guarantee we’ll be seeing movie figures mixed in like marvel legends does. With the new Snake Eyes movie coming out, figures from that are a must and probably the only reason this line is even seeing the light of day. I would hope hasbro keeps this classical, at least at first. New looks and interpretations are inevitable after a few waves or years.
    Then those are easy to skip on. No interest in any of it unless it's Classic 80's ARAH. I know alot of folks feel that way

Wanna see some pics already!

Quote Originally Posted by teemu View Post
    Only interested as long they are ARAH 80's classic based on either the 80's Card art (would be a dream), Cartoon, or straight up recreations of the original 80's 3 3/4 line in 6" scale. I don't want interpretations or movie crap. Give us figures straight off the card!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joe-destro-v29-art.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	477173
    I feel the same way.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Yeah I'd love to see ARAH designs. I haven't bought a Joe product in over 20 years, so I'd like to get back in.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    38 (100%)
    Add The Skull on Facebook Follow The Skull on Flickr Visit The Skull's Youtube Channel
    Not my favorite scale, but being a big Joe fan I am interested to see what they make, may likely pick up some if they are well done.
    Saved

Pictures already!!!!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)