Statue XM: Dark Nights: Metal - The Merciless 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
XT7y05F.jpg

No idea WHO This is

There was a storyline a year or so back about a "Dark Multiverse" whever all such Universes have depressing and evil endings. More or less there's some Pan-Dimensional Demon or whatever called Barbatos who's a Bat-Like Demon/Creature/Whatever, who's behind Batman's whole life. So now Batman was pretermined to pick up the Cowl and he has a built-in Plot-Armour due to Barbatos protecting him and stuff. It gets way sillier and complicated, including a Metal called "Batmanium" and an eternal battled between bat-People and Bird-People (Thanagarians; think Hawkman & Hawkwoman), so I'll cut straight to the chase. There was a sort of "Injustice League" made up from Batmen from those Dark Universes who had taken the powers of another Leaguer or villain. There's Absorbed-The-Flash-Batman, there's Joker-Toxined-Batman, there's Aquaman-Batman-But-It's-A-Hot-Big-Tiddy-Pirate-Goth-Gal, and so on and so forth. The Batman from this thread is one where he killed Ares and took up his sword and mantle, but also killed Diana, whom he was ****ing in that continuity.

TL;DR Batman-But-Ares.

hd-high-resolution-wallpaper-batman-the-merciless-dc-comics-b2093-4k-8k-flipped-background.jpg

I thought the Metal story had promise at the beginning but then it just got really cheesy at the end... I'm sure XM will make a great looking statue out of these characters but I really don't have any interest in them...

I would of preferred other DC Characters like Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Batgirl, Power Girl, Talia al Ghul, Huntress, Raven, Zatanna, Starfire, Poison Ivy, Black Canary, Kilowog, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Bane, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Penguin, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Brainiac, Two-Face, Swamp Thing, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Alfred, etc..etc.. So many they could of done instead :(

Last edited:
Yikes. Thanks for the summary, darthkostis. I only read the main arc, not any of the side stuff. I didn't care for it overall and agree it was silly and complicated. It felt like it was written by a teenage edgelord. I do like some of the art and character designs but don't feel compelled to own any of them in statue form. The story left Bruce Wayne re-evaluating his life and deciding to focus on his own happiness. I'm intrigued to see where future writers go from there.

Yikes. Thanks for the summary, darthkostis. I only read the main arc, not any of the side stuff. I didn't care for it overall and agree it was silly and complicated. It felt like it was written by a teenage edgelord. I do like some of the art and character designs but don't feel compelled to own any of them in statue form. The story left Bruce Wayne re-evaluating his life and deciding to focus on his own happiness.
No problem. And yeah, it was full of edgyness and campiness mashed together. The Batman Who Keks still baffles me, yet DC pushes him and the normies eat him up, so... Eh, who gives a **** anymore. I've practically dropped comics altogether. I'm waiting for a few series to conclude, like Morrison's GL, and I'm done. It's gotten too much for me.
I'm intrigued to see where future writers go from there.
Tom King took over, and... Well:

>revealed that Bruce tried to kill himself when he was 11
>made him a pathetic weakling that couldn't do anything without Catwoman
>had Catwoman get the drop on THREE ****ING FLASHES
>half his script devolved into BATCATBATCATBATCATBATCATBATCATBATCATBATCAT
>blueballed the audience for 50 issues teasing a wedding, only for Catwoman to not show up, then turned Batman into an even more moping wreck
>spent like, 7 issues on a storyline about Batman being depressed and tripping on Scarecrow Acid which had no impact on anything
>had Catwoman land the finishing blow on Bane in TWO fights; not just the first, but the last too, because apparently Batman is a ****ing useless weakling who can't do **** by himself
>revealed that the whole run was Thomas Wayne, from the Flashpoint Reality, finding himself in Earth Prime, deciding to team up with Bane so that he could BREAK THE BAT again, which apparently would make Bruce say "well, ****, guess I'm broken now, better go marry Catwoman" and go be "happy"
>which is weird because Bane made Catwoman stand Bruce up at their wedding in Issue 50 so...
>oh, and Thomas also allowed Bane to STRAIGHT UP ****ING KILL Alfred
>oh, and Thomas, the alcoholic old man managed to BEAT UP THE ENTIRE BAT-FAMILY but COULDN'T TAKE ONE CATWOMAN

Fan reception got so bad, King left at issue 85 instead of 100, and Hulk, HULK, of all things, sold MORE for MONTHS. Now Tony S. Daniel and James Tynion IV are writting basic Batman stories until 100, where DIDIO'S MASTER PLAN, DC 5G will arrive. What is 5G, you ask? Well, it's... **** if I know the logic behind it. Batman will get replaced by Luke bloody Fox of all people, the main Green Lantern will be that black woman from that 12-issue mini that's running (no, not Simon the Muslim, Jessica the hot Latina or John the gruff black man; it's a new one), Flash will get replaced by Captain Boomerang's Son, Damian Wayne will go evil and Batman's daughter with Talia, Athanasia Al'Ghul, will become canon and... Honestly, I don't even know anymore. I don't care. The ****wit is cutting Grant's Green Lantern short to push his retarded ********.

**** this. **** it all. **** comic books. Bunch of ********. I wish I'd never picked up a single one of these rags.

rhett-butler-leaving-frankly-my-dear.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow. That all sounds ****ing terrible. Nothing like the Batman I've grown up with.

I got out of comic books quite a while back. I'll continue to buy statues as well. They at least remind me of the characters I love without the new, trash storylines catering to the current social and political climates.

Wow. That all sounds ****ing terrible. Nothing like the Batman I've grown up with.
I saw Iron Man go from "Don't Tread On Me" and "****ing hippies", to "Space Gulags sound fine" and finally to "hey, random black kid who looks suspiously like the writer's adopted daughter; here, have all of my **** ALSO I'M ADOPTED AND MY REAL PARENTS ARE A POP STAR AND A HYDRA AGENT WHILE MY HALF BROTHER IS A GENETICALLY ENGINEERED SPACE ANTICHRIST". I saw Doom go from "Vicious Despot" to "Ayyyy he just trynna doo GOOOOD" to "**** like, cultures and borders and ****, they like, are bad and we need Globalism cause, uh, it'll be good". A few years back there's legitimately an issue where Nick Fury's long-lost half-black son goes back in time to protect Obama from a time-travelling Neo-Nazi... There is NOTHING worth reading in modern Big-2 comics. And honestly, the more I grow up the more I realize that they were never worth anything.

I got out of comic books quite a while back. I'll continue to buy statues as well. They at least remind me of the characters I love without the new, trash storylines catering to the current social and political climates.
At this point, I can count on my fingers the amount of characters I genuinely like. There was a period that I didn't even know how many capes I consumed. Now I can safely say that I genuinely like very few characters. And due to the nature of Capes, it's only certain versions of those characters that are worth anything, since the very next run could give them an entirely different personality, ethics and whatever else.

If you put a Doom up for Pre-Order I'll get him. I don't like him as much as when I was a kid, but the costume's cool and I've got cool memories. I'll buy a Luthor if he's well made. I'd buy a Deathstroke if he had a cool costume (I'm not a fan of the Arkhamverse design; I prefer darker colors and a more streamlined outfit; maybe the Tony S. Daniel or Priest designs). I POed Endgame Iron Man simply to have one and because I used to like him as a kid. Nowadays I don't much care, but I want one just for the novelty of it. Maybe because the MCU got worse, maybe because Iron Man Comics are dreadful. I don't know. I care enough to drop 500 bucks on it, but not enough to be excited. I don't care for Doctor Who at all these days, but I'm glad I bought the Tennant one with the autograph, and the two 11th Docs. Just a case of completionism, or just marking a certain moment in time, I suppose. I'd buy a Punisher if he had a cool costume and wasn't just a trenchcoat with jeans. You get where I'm going with this?

All in all, as time goes on, I find myself less interested in anything fictional, and just going by past favourites and cool costumes. Comic books themselves I'm looking forward to being done with. Honestly, all these years later, the only thing I can legitimately and without a doubt say that I'm a fan of, is Green Lantern. Hal himself, the Worldbuilding, whatever. I like the entire IP. I don't know why. When I was a kid I watched Batman and Spider-Man, both of whom I outgrew years ago. I've watched the first F4 movie more times than any other Capeflick, and my first comics were Ultimate F4, Spider-Man and X-Men, yet I barely care about them. I got into GL pretty late, and nothing really significant happened around that time, but somehow it's the one thing I genuinely like, even when I find myself disinterested in everything. Funny thing how tastes work.

/blogpost

Yeah, I gave up reading Batman, the story the last several months has been horrible... tons of dribble that doesn't even apply to the main story arc, all this crap about Cat and Batman sitting on a beach saying how much they love each other, it's just pure crap... They basically castrated Batman...

Yeah, I gave up reading Batman, the story the last several months has been horrible... tons of dribble that doesn't even apply to the main story arc, all this crap about Cat and Batman sitting on a beach saying how much they love each other, it's just pure crap... They basically castrated Batman...

It gets even more pants-on-head retarded when you realize that while BAT and CAT where BATCATing, Gotham was literally under lockdown by Bane, villains were running the streets and his goddamn Butler/essentialy dad, was a captive. I cannot even begin to wrap my head around King's line of thinking. We get it Tom, you worked in the CIA, used drones and bombed the **** out of some place. Get some actual help, don't keep writing the same story about a depressed and suicidal character who's got little to no willpower left, needs a STRONK woman to get him out of apathy, and goes through the sam-

IMG_20190919_200555.jpg

source.gif

Oh, **** off King.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Honestly, I don't even remember that. All I know is that it literally ended with "well, that's all folks", and now Luscius Fox is Batman's new Alfred. I'm tired. I don't even care about keeping up anymore.

Honestly, I don't even remember that. All I know is that it literally ended with "well, that's all folks", and now Luscius Fox is Batman's new Alfred. I'm tired. I don't even care about keeping up anymore.

Your right I was thinking Batman Detective...

Back