Comparison of old Neca 1/4 Alien to new 1/4 Alien?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCrawler

Super Freak
Reaction score
Are there any side by side pics of the older Neca 1/4 Alien and the new Neca 1/4 Alien? The new one is supposed to be a new sculpt- just wondering what changes were made.

Sean

From the reviews I?ve seen it looks like the same sculpt, just a repaint...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Somebody posted on FB a couple of pics of both, and he says they?re the same sculpt.

Ok, so maybe this is what they are referring to- apparently Neca had a 1/4 Alien figure from 2008. THEN they released a 1/4 Alien figure with new sculpt in 2015. That's the one most of us know, I guess, the one that was also released with a white "prototype" look.
This video compares the 2008 figure with the 2015 figure:

Now, in 2020 they released this new 40th Anniversary figure (link here) and are claiming it's a new sculpt. I can't find any side by side comparisons of the 40th and the 2015 figure so am unsure if it's "new" relative to 2015 release or "new" relative to the 2008 release.

So the question remains - Does that mean the 40th 1/4 figure is a third Alien sculpt, or just the 2nd one, reissued? Makes very little sense to do a third one with barely any changes.

Sean

Last edited:
I've got both and it's the same sculpt as the Chase figure from the 2015 / 16 release. There are differences in the articulation and paint though. The head can look down further and they've removed the hip swivel from the legs. The legs can get closer together and move further forward and back giving some improved articulation compared to the older version, well the one I own anyway. There's also a greater range of motion in the waist area, although it's a bit loose. They've tried to improve the paint and (if you get a good one) in some ways they have with more airbrushing, highlights and different colours. Strangely they've missed paint in areas like the toenails? The best review I've seen on YouTube so far is the Review Spot. He's got a defect free figure and it's a really well filmed and informative review.

I've got both and it's the same sculpt as the Chase figure from the 2015 / 16 release. There are differences in the articulation and paint though. The head can look down further and they've removed the hip swivel from the legs. The legs can get closer together and move further forward and back giving some improved articulation compared to the older version, well the one I own anyway. There's also a greater range of motion in the waist area, although it's a bit loose. They've tried to improve the paint and (if you get a good one) in some ways they have with more airbrushing, highlights and different colours. Strangely they've missed paint in areas like the toenails? The best review I've seen on YouTube so far is the Review Spot. He's got a defect free figure and it's a really well filmed and informative review.

Can you post a side by side of the figures, if possible?

Sean

Can the Neca 1/4 Alien be posed in a crouching position?

I can get the smaller version to crouch, but haven?t tried it with the large one.

Back