Anybody have any experience body swapping old SS Clone Troopers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incrediblemath

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Just recently got my hands on a Phase 2 Captain Rex and was thinking about updating the underlying body, but I have no idea how to go about it. Anybody here have any general experience or specific tips (what to do, what type of body works best for SS Clone Troopers) that I could use?

Thanks!

Was also considering beefing up my collection with SS Clone Troopers and just replacing loose bodies

Removing the armor is not too hard. I do it a lot when I make customs. You're biggest issue will be finding replacement bodies. In any case you can remove all the armor, you will need to remove the thermal detonator from the belt, remove the belt, the chest comes off if you bend and scribe until it is cut through, you can also use glue remover but you risk the chance of messing up the existing paint. The hardest part is removing the cod piece which you will need to pry and lift the little tabs without breaking them and then scribe the seam. Once that is off the body suit is a one piece and can be removed.

The chest pieces interface is different from the older figures which use a lap joint and the new figures which have a tongue and groove type joint at the seams.

Back