Speculation: Can we stop with all the speculation threads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Please. Stop those speculation threads.

The 1/4 Luke Skywalker speculation thread from this morning is not even a speculation. No statement from Howard in an interview or not been teased in other promo shots. It was only "I think we should get one". :slap

Would this be the wrong place to ask if there will be a Greef Karga figure from Hot Toys?:dunno

:monkey3

Forums are built on speculation! :monkey3

Seriously though, those threads don't really bother me. I just don't read most of them but the odd one is an interesting discussion. What's the harm?

Eh, I usually don't mind but there was one speculation thread on here that didn't have 'Speculation' in the title. Very click-batey.

For real. Does moderation exist on this forum or nah

It's a forum for products which IMO includes potential products and/or complaints about products, tips about products, etc.
Don't see a problem with speculating.

In most cases I don't think a speculation thread is necessary, it can be brought up in a similar thread. For example the desire for a 1/4 Luke could be mentioned harmlessly in the 1/4 Vader thread. It's not that much of a distraction and it's still related. Plus as much as I would like to see a HT 1/4 Luke at this stage it's a pipe dream.

Now if you see a figure in a preview or something, like how Bespin Han was in the Leia pictures that would warrant a thread.

If Hot Toys actually listened to collectors input on anything, I wouldn't mind them so much, but over saturating the forum with multiple speculation threads about figures that most likely never be produced is a bit much IMO. I rather see the polls over the speculation threads.

It's not hurting anyone. If you click on one and dont like it, remove yourself from thread. That simple. No point in complaining about something others enjoy, unless you're really that sour about it all. At that point complain away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, it clutters up the forum, but I think its because it has been so dead lately. Almost no announcements, images, etc of anything from HT. People are bored but want to keep talking. Let the threads continue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

All I wanna know if there's an HT 1/6 RotJ Vader coming at some point. I kept waiting for one and now I feel kinda worried cause I missed out on the previous ones... Well, shoot, anyone up for a new Speculation Thread?! But seriously speaking, I wouldn't mind a "general" one in each Sub-Section. IE "Marvel HT Speculation Thread", "DC Sideshow Speculation Thread", "Doctor Who Big Chief Speculation Thread" and so on and so forth.

It's not hurting anyone. If you click on one and dont like it, remove yourself from thread. That simple. No point in complaining about something others enjoy, unless you're really that sour about it all. At that point complain away.

Yes, it clutters up the forum, but I think its because it has been so dead lately. Almost no announcements, images, etc of anything from HT. People are bored but want to keep talking. Let the threads continue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think these two responses sum it up fairly. As long as someone isn't trolling the forum with them (like the person who was recently excused) it is just another forum of expression (pardon the pun) You don't like, don't look or respond. They'll wither away like any topic that doesn't hold interest.

I don't know why anyone would just use the general Star Wars speculation thread if they wanted to discuss something we've never seen. It's different if there's a prototype or a tease or something like that.

I think these two responses sum it up fairly. As long as someone isn't trolling the forum with them (like the person who was recently excused) it is just another forum of expression (pardon the pun) You don't like, don't look or respond. They'll wither away like any topic that doesn't hold interest.
Isnt this kinda just a speculative thread for speculation threads? Have we been trolololol'd?

Back