Prop 1:1 size "The Child" from The Mandalorian Hot Toys *SPECULATION*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinktheJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
?I would like to see the baby.?

Sideshow presents The Child Life-Size Figure, created in partnership with Legacy Effects to bring you the galaxy?s most sought-after bounty.

Lovingly referred to by audiences as ?Baby Yoda?, the mysterious alien known as The Child has quickly become the breakout fan-favorite of Star Wars[emoji769]: The Mandalorian on Disney+. Now eager collectors can become a clan of two and bring home the asset as an incredible 1:1 scale Star Wars collectible, no tracking fob needed.

The Child Life-Size Figure measures 16.5? tall, standing on a simple black podium base that lets this adorable alien steal all of the focus- along with the Mandalorian?s ship parts. Inspired by its unique onscreen appearance, this mixed media statue features a tan fabric coat swaddling The Child as it gazes up with charming wide eyes, hiding the silver shift knob from the Razor Crest[emoji769] in its right hand.

Every inch of this incredibly lifelike figure has been meticulously detailed to recreate everything that Star Wars fans love about the young alien, from the fuzz on its wrinkled head to its irresistible pout, all the way down to its tiny, toddling feet. Fans looking to bring home The Mandalorian collectibles need look no further- bounty hunting is a complicated profession but collecting the galaxy?s cutest alien has never been easier!

Secure the asset for your Star Wars figures collection and bring home The Child Life-Size Figure today.

286bd5ecbf707c2eb3527f0b34d79399.plist
6f73b3f87d757f3cbe1cf4fa05ceacde.plist
e8acdae834775ad16fbf262810e10fa5.plist
addf1bc08ec8b317fa3211e5a1abd94f.plist
322e135b2d5f43ef3b215bc8d360abb5.jpg
dcae1d8b48150240f6da08b2335a9ac1.jpg

Re: 1:1 size "The Child" from The Mandalorian Hot Toys *SPECULATION*

Can't see them missing that opportunity. They'd certainly get my money.

right!!??

What are your thoughts on them releasing "The Child" similarly to a Baby Groot or Winnie the Pooh release, would sell like hot cakes! hopefully Hot Toys announce him soon

View attachment 476374

Dunno. They'd be competing with Hasbro, Mattel, and now Build-a-Bear and Disney' Plush. HT's price would be way more than any of those.

Dunno. They'd be competing with Hasbro, Mattel, and now Build-a-Bear and Disney' Plush. HT's price would be way more than any of those.

People can't get enough of this little guy though

But would also be the most real looking. I?ll totally buy this if they make it.

I'm down for a day one PO when it's announced even though I won't get it until Q4 2024 accounting for delays.

I'd want one if it blinks and has little head movements and expressions. That would be pretty sweet.

People can't get enough of this little guy though

People are fickle.....
By the time the next season come out they will have moved on to the next thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll come. If I was a betting man, I'd put down for this. Baby Groot sold well for them it seemed, and it was an item that crossed markets for non-collectors too. It also had ample amounts of low end "competition".

Without a doubt it'll happen and it'll probably hit AFTER all the plushes already due to come out. I would imagine that it'll debut at SDCC, probably orderable soon after.

Maybe EFX or Anovos will do it :monkey5:pigfly:

But would also be the most real looking. I?ll totally buy this if they make it.

Admittedly looking at the painted eyes on the cheaper versions - the way the show films, great shots with light reflected in Baby's eyes....

baby_firelight.jpg

Want *lustrous glass eyes*. Was already idly thinking of replacing eyes (in cheaper figs) with expensive glass. Which, I've never done, but seen some epic foul-ups when folks have ruined pricey figures trying. :horror

Sometimes u might as well pay up for pricier versions if possible.

Admittedly looking at the painted eyes on the cheaper versions - the way the show films, great shots with light reflected in Baby's eyes....

View attachment 476473

Want *lustrous glass eyes*. Was already idly thinking of replacing eyes (in cheaper figs) with expensive glass. Which, I've never done, but seen some epic foul-ups when folks have ruined pricey figures trying. :horror

Sometimes u might as well pay up for pricier versions if possible.

Exactly. HT will do much better with the paint app, eyes and overall details on the sculpt. Just wonder how they?d do the hair. Paint would need to be very light to simulated his fuzz head. Rooted I don?t think would look right.

Exactly. HT will do much better with the paint app, eyes and overall details on the sculpt. Just wonder how they?d do the hair. Paint would need to be very light to simulated his fuzz head. Rooted I don?t think would look right.

Far as I can tell the cheaper versions don't even bother with the hair fuzz. Worst case maybe a wash with some kinda clear glue with fine mohair fuzz might work. Baby needs his little fuzz. Mohair yarn has the right fuzziness.

I'm not sure I'd buy one, the $28 Mattel one looks good enough to me. The Hot Toys would have to really impress me, it'd take up an entire detolf shelf if it even fits at all.

Back