Broken Tumbler flap parts? 3D files available!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weltmaster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Those who have a Tumbler might know there are some weak areas on the model, especially on the flaps.
There are pistons and antennas that are easily broken.

Good news if you lost your Antenna or piston, I just scanned those parts.
Be aware, I scanned and printed only the larger size piston, not the shorter one.
And the Antenna, only managed to print the head, not the rod because its too thin to print.
I used a toothpick as rod for the antenna :)

Colorwise was a little bit of experimenting.
I used 805 Koper from "Amsterdam Acryl"
amsterdam_koper_500_ml_805.jpg

But with a tad of black from left over Tamiya acrylic paint.
Its not perfect, but it blends in fairly well with the rest.

The pistons were printed in 3 parts: 2 halves of the body and the shaft itself.
Again, the piston printed here, is the longer one, so you will have to cut the body shorter if you need the shorter one and full up the side where the shaft slides in and out...

Some pictures.
IMG-4114.jpg

IMG-4117.jpg

IMG-4121.jpg

IMG-4122.jpg

IMG-4124.jpg

IMG-4128.jpg

IMG-4131.jpg

here everything is attached to the flaps:
IMG-4135.jpg

IMG-4136.jpg

IMG-4137.jpg

IMG-4138.jpg

IMG-4139.jpg

IMG-4140.jpg

IMG-4143.jpg

IMG-4146.jpg

IMG-4148.jpg

I have all the parts in 3D files (.stl extension), so you dont have to scan anything, just print it on a 3D printer.
I did have to sand the halves and the opening for the shaft so it would slide smoothly.

You can do a better job sanding the actual piston, because you can see on mine, the finish isnt very smooth, but again, in the bigger picture, it blends in well.

I will post picture of everything installed on the Tumbler somewhere begin March....

I'm asking 5$ for the 3D files, so just send me a pm or message when interested.

Last edited:
Anyway, long overdue, lets post some pics of the shortened piston.
IMG-4154.jpg

IMG-4157.jpg

IMG-4160.jpg

IMG-4162.jpg

IMG-4163.jpg

IMG-4168.jpg

IMG-4169.jpg

IMG-4171.jpg

I'll post pictures on the Tumbler somewhere next March....For sure I have to glue and perhaps sand and paint some more, because the original owner ****ed up big time with the side flaps, as you can see on the first post.
That ****ing idiot!

At least I am glad how the top wings turned out!

Back