1/6 Do you want a Hot Toys TROS Jedi Training Luke & Leia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want a Hot Toys 1/6 TROS Jedi Training Luke & Leia?

• Yes, it's an iconic look for the duo

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • No, the scene was too brief

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No, I hated TROS

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
It doesn't feel quite right with them being cgi, so I vote no for that reason. However, the outfits are pretty neat, especially Leia's.

Here's a couple of pics...

luke.jpgleia.jpg

Where's the option for Dark Rey and Ben Solo, the only two figs are really want (well, Babu Frink as well) from this film?

Will the head sculpts on these figures look like Luke and Leia or will they look like the film versions?

It doesn't feel quite right with them being cgi, so I vote no for that reason. However, the outfits are pretty neat, especially Leia's.

Here's a couple of pics...

View attachment 476232View attachment 476233
Man I wonder what it is about young Carrie that can't quite be CGI-d. Tarkin looked fine in Rogue One. Luke looked fine in this brief shot. Leia looked distractingly plastic and unreal both here and in Rogue One.

Re: Do you want a Hot Toys TROS Jedi Training Luke & Leia?

Where's the option for Dark Rey and Ben Solo, the only two figs are really want (well, Babu Frink as well) from this film?

Personally I'm not interested but I feel like these are the only remaining figures left from the new movie that would sell decently well.

Re: Do you want a Hot Toys TROS Jedi Training Luke & Leia?

Personally I'm not interested but I feel like these are the only remaining figures left from the new movie that would sell decently well.
Resurrection Palps would probably sell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Man I wonder what it is about young Carrie that can't quite be CGI-d. Tarkin looked fine in Rogue One. Luke looked fine in this brief shot. Leia looked distractingly plastic and unreal both here and in Rogue One.

Yeah it's really weird. I wonder if it's because they used the same CG model? Although this one at least looked more like her, the only problem was the unconvincing way it was animated.

Ultimately it may have just been the result of the rushed production schedule. The Rey and Luke scene was said to be added in reshoots, so it seems likely the flashback was too.

Well they just looked so, so realistic - it was like actual footage sent through a time machine. The CGI almost topped CF in RO for total believability. And Luke, he was like this quality...

3316267-swbfii3.png

Thought Luke was pretty much spot on although it looked like pre-crash Hammil. Leia obviously needed more work. To this day only Rachel in BR 2049 and Edward Furlong in that new Terminator movie got it right for me.

I believe this training sequence was intended to originally open the movie with Leia telling Luke she needed time off training after she reveals she's pregnant.

Thought Luke was pretty much spot on although it looked like pre-crash Hammil. Leia obviously needed more work. To this day only Rachel in BR 2049 and Edward Furlong in that new Terminator movie got it right for me.

They totally de-aged Luke too far. I thought young Will Smith in Gemini Man was the best I've seen so far.

not interested. Besides, we can barely see their outfits. If Hot Toys were ever to leave again their "helmeted characters" comfort zone with the Star Wars licence, i'd rather have more variety than yet another Luke and Leia... unless they are yet unmade versions from the OT.

Back