Crisis on Infinite Earths

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodl73

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry if there is already a thread on this. Maybe I missed it. The only thread remotely close to it is The Flash but I had to look all the way back to page 11 or 12 and the last post was dated October of 2018. They were talking about an upcoming crossover, but it was Elseworlds, the 2018 crossover. So anyway just wanted to know what everyone thought of parts 1-3 from December. The finale, parts 4 and 5 will be broadcast tonight. In my view this is their best crossover so far. It incorporates every show and hero and impacts every show and the whole DCCW universe. Also 2 new shows are coming after.

I think it is their best crossover so far.

To be honest I’ve gotten less interested in the CW shows over the years. Too much Disney agenda going on in them – I guess it’s just a modern agenda in general that is permeating all of Hollywood. But I still like some of the characters. Lately they’ve just seemed too bogged down and dark... that’s why I stopped watching Arrow. I stopped watching legends of tomorrow because they killed off or lost most of the characters I liked. Flash is becoming darker too, but I continue watching that one for now. I liked Supergirl when it was on CBS. It had real heart. Since moving to The CW, it isn’t nearly as good or as well written. But I still like the main character, so I watch it from time to time. I have no interest in Batwoman, that show is full of Hollywood agenda. It is always fun seeing a bunch of superheroes coming together though.

As for the crossover, it was good to see Routh playing Superman. I like that. Also like the cameos. Tom Welling was nice to see again. The soundtrack is working for me as well, overall. And the use of the flash from the 80s or 90s flash series was nice too. I always enjoy seeing Supergirl interact with Barry Allen.

Not being a huge DC fan, I still have a familiarity with most of the characters, (I'm completely lost with Legends, but know the rest), and I enjoyed it from a pure entertainment point of view. I know this is a live action version of the DC Universe re-set (thank you Sheldon and Stuart) from a multiverse to a universe. It was nice revisiting most of the alternate versions of characters throughout film and television.
Someone just needs to kill Lex Luthor. He's just not worth it. :)
And did anyone else hear Ted Knight's voice in their head at the end exterior shot? I sure did. :D

well this was a surprise ,i never expected these guy to meet :panic:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was OK. Never watched any of the shows outside of Crisis ... at least not since Smallville (which I saw most of). Most of the really good stuff was the fan-service cameos, though. Routh's Superman stole the show, and Conroy's Bruce Wayne was phenomenal -- I'd watch a series about that guy. I didn't mind the Smallville twist ... thought it fit his version of Clark well. The Green Lantern, JL Flash, etc. stuff was cool.

The plot itself was mediocre, though. The fight scenes were fairly mundane. Tyler whats-his-name is not a great Superman. Green Arrow was the best character of the regulars. I'm willing to overlook some stuff not making much sense, figuring it would've made more sense had I actually watched any of the preceding shows. But, it was like somebody with at least some competence sketched the plot ... and then handed it off to a teenaged girl to write the dialogue. Seriously terrible dialogue writing.

And, what in the world was with the giant plush teddy bear attack? I'm guessing that was a callback to something in the history of one of these series ... but it was stupid.

After all of that change in the world that they wrote-in due to the Crisis, why wasn't the Presidential address delivered by President Lex rather than that Meredith Viera look-alike? Would've been a much cooler ending, and set-up a cool conflict going forward for Supergirl (I'm guessing Lex is from her show).

There was some good stuff mixed in there. But, I didn't love it.

SnakeDoc

Welling's cameo was lame, 10 seasons of build up to him becoming Superman for him to have given his powers up in the end.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wonder if this will come to pass.

And some people in the comments are suggesting that Routh's own wife Courtney Ford (who I had never heard of myself but I understand she was in Legends of Tomorrow with him) should play Lois assuming they don't get back Kate Bosworth.

Based on these pics, do iiiittt! Holy Christ what a stunner.

Courtney_Ford-1-.jpg
15133b87194bcc4720e0dd5dcec2819e.jpg
Courtney-Ford-640x358.jpg
Courtney+Ford+True+Blood+Season+4+Premiere+oVT9MOIPRhql.jpg

So they're gonna have 2 different Superman shows considering they're already doing one with the current DC Superman?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The more that I think about the "worlds being merged" plotline the more questions I have.

So are there twice as many people on earth now? Did the rest just get blinked out of existence? The first time Barry went to Kara's world he specifically mentions that there was an Oliver Queen on her earth. What happened to that guy? Better yet, what happened to all the people who have "twins" on the other earth. Are they just expected to share a life now?

Back