1/6 Persian Empire figures (and war elephant...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scale of the 1/6 elephant is completely wrong.
The guy who is standing in the picture of the 1/6 elephant is almost as tall as the elephant.
In real life even a small species elephant (adult) is about 2,7m and a larger one reaches 3,5m.

main-qimg-e6c7bf8d60daa6ffc9a0d9484fbb1b6f.jpg

Tough crowd...
Two really cool figures from a subject matter that no one has done before and all everybody comments on is the size of a 1/6 elephant... :lol

It is awesome that someone is releasing Persians. This is a very cool expansion to the historical offerings, though I've no idea how accurate they are.
f46e6fd9b34988e0b591b170172a77e6.jpg

Tough crowd...
Two really cool figures from a subject matter that no one has done before and all everybody comments on is the size of a 1/6 elephant... :lol

It’s a legitimate complaint, however. As someone pointed out on a different forum, an Asiatic elephant is about 9’ at the shoulders, so about 13” tall in 1/6. This isn’t even close. And for what they want to charge, it should be accurate— not a baby elephant.

Tough crowd...

Sorry if my post was too offensive, but it wasn't my intention.
The (wrong) size of the elephant made me forget about the figures.
It is so completely wrong, that it was all I was seeing at the moment.
The figures seem ok and if someone can confirm they are historical accurate,
one can use them together with Great Alexander/King Leonidas figure
(depending on the timeline), to make a nice diorama.

EDIT: Your link is for the 1/6??? elephant.
That's why I reacted like this.
If they want to charge $150 for the elephant, at least make him at the correct scale.
The links for the figures are here & here.

Fixed it for you. ;)

:lol

It’s a legitimate complaint, however. As someone pointed out on a different forum, an Asiatic elephant is about 9’ at the shoulders, so about 13” tall in 1/6. This isn’t even close. And for what they want to charge, it should be accurate— not a baby elephant.

True enough, but I doubt there is a market for something that size. I mean, I've seen WWII collectors with actual 1/6 scale tanks, but that's a much larger market (or it was at least) than these historical figures. But yeah, the elephant is way too small, not to mention that it looks like and African elephant, adding insult to injury...

Sorry if my post was too offensive, but it wasn't my intention.
The (wrong) size of the elephant made me forget about the figures.
It is so completely wrong, that it was all I was seeing at the moment.
The figures seem ok and if someone can confirm they are historical accurate,
one can use them together with Great Alexander/King Leonidas figure
(depending on the timeline), to make a nice diorama.

EDIT: Your link is for the 1/6??? elephant.
That's why I reacted like this.
If they want to charge $150 for the elephant, at least make him at the correct scale.
The links for the figures are here & here.

No problem man!
I just think it's really exciting to see companies doing all these truly fantastic figures that nobody seems to pay attention to. Just the other day I was browsing some online store and I was amazed at the quantity of figures that are out there that never get mentioned here at the freaks forums.

if they got the elephant wrong (how the hell u got the scale wrong, man), I wonder if the human figure and armor got messed up as well. Never heard of this brand so it might be a shot in the dark. I would wait for Abake to buy his and see if it is worth it

Oh, you'll be waiting a while man... :wink1:
I'm not planing on buying these. I just shared them because I like ancient warriors, but my budget and space limitations don't allow me to pursue every line of interest.

Just got the Elephant Soldier today from Timewalker. It's detailed well, but will still need a great deal of modifications for me to be happy with this piece. Also, the foam in the box arrived with 2 or 3 accessories missing. Turns out, for this figure, they were not missing, but the company double dipped and used the same foam for the Archer figure as well as the Elephant Soldier, which was confusing!

I would totally pay $150 if the elephant was in correct 1/6 scale, and it is the Asian elephant, not African.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it is the perfect size for 1/12th scale... I'm in!

Back