Question To UK Collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FDS

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I wanted to know is it cheaper and worth buying from abroad, lets say from Sideshow Collectibles or it works out the same price if you bought it from UK seller?

After paying all the import custom duties and taxes along with shipping, dose it still work out cheaper?

As Uk sellers would add a bit more on top to make profit?

What do you think? and what do you do?

I wanted to know is it cheaper and worth buying from abroad, lets say from Sideshow Collectibles or it works out the same price if you bought it from UK seller?

After paying all the import custom duties and taxes along with shipping, dose it still work out cheaper?

As Uk sellers would add a bit more on top to make profit?

What do you think? and what do you do?

I don't mind buying from UK sellers if it's in stock and I don't mind the price. Obviously it's cheaper from sideshow etc but I never know how much customs fees will be. My most recent prime 1 and iron studios pieces I've bought direct from Prime 1 and Sideshow, because I wanted the exclusive versions and I know I'm get them weeks or months ahead of UK sellers.

It's a bit of give and take as there's always trade offs but generally exclusive plus quicker = direct from abroad.

For hot toys I've used timcent on ebay as he marks the value down and you'll get them before the US

It can often be worth using the HK sellers like Timcent or loontentoys. There’s a decent chance of it getting past customs with them, whereas you’re almost certainly going to get hit if using USA dealers or places like Popcultcha.

It’s also worth joining the 1/6 groups on Facebook, there’s good deals to be found there.

Back