Statue Prime 1 Robotech Rick Hunter Officers Battleoid new scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
So they made this one in new scale

max1s.jpg

Popcultcha here in Australia don't seem to be listing any of this new stuff from Prime 1 for pre-order.

That’s pretty old news. It’s been like this since the breakdown of Prime 1’s relationship with Sideshow which occurred nearly a year ago. The last Prime 1 piece put up on Sideshow’s website was around February/March last year.

That’s pretty old news. It’s been like this since the breakdown of Prime 1’s relationship with Sideshow which occurred nearly a year ago. The last Prime 1 piece put up on Sideshow’s website was around February/March last year.

I do remember reading about that but I swear there's been a couple of new things added but it's stuff no one really buys. In fact pop seems more and more to be catering to the funky pop style of collector.
I really wish they'd pursue a distribution deal with XM or Imaginarium Art. I contacted them about not having the Efx Boba helmet up for pre-order and they said they still stock efx and to keep an eye on their new to pre-order section but that's just page after page of cheap rubbish :dunno.

I do remember reading about that but I swear there's been a couple of new things added but it's stuff no one really buys. In fact pop seems more and more to be catering to the funky pop style of collector.
I really wish they'd pursue a distribution deal with XM or Imaginarium Art. I contacted them about not having the Efx Boba helmet up for pre-order and they said they still stock efx and to keep an eye on their new to pre-order section but that's just page after page of cheap rubbish :dunno.

They still sell quite a bit of high end stuff and I haven’t really noticed a drop off, except for Prime 1 pieces. And more often than not , I don’t pay attention to eFX pieces until they’re in stock as they’re the worst when it comes to production timelines. Even worse than Prime 1, and the king of delays PCS.

And honestly I’m not surprised they’re also stocking lower priced items. Whenever they have their Funko Pop! events, their order numbers before and after have increased by around 20,000 and that’s even with their site crashing constantly during those events. That’s like half a million dollars in sales/turnover over a single weekend.

And Popcultcha/Ikon’s will never get a distribution deal with XM or IA, at least not those pieces which don’t have a worldwide license (which is most of them) as they wouldn’t want to risk their distribution deals with Sideshow etc or any other legalities.

Well it doesn't sound like the deal with sideshow is that healthy at the moment anyway. Eh whatever, once I get my ecto 1 I'll be pretty much done anyway outside of older MR stuff but it would have been nice to get the P1 skull leader.

Well it doesn't sound like the deal with sideshow is that healthy at the moment anyway. Eh whatever, once I get my ecto 1 I'll be pretty much done anyway outside of older MR stuff but it would have been nice to get the P1 skull leader.

If you get any of their premium formats or Hot Toy figures the deal is pretty good. If I were to import it’ll cost anywhere from 35% to 70% on top of what I pay to Popcultcha. And I still have half a dozen older Prime 1 preorder pieces to come via Popcultcha, which I also saved quite a bit on. When I’ve ordered the Exclusives from Sideshow they’re cost me $800 AUD more:slap

I just hope Prime 1 improves their shipping charges to Australia as it’s a bit ridiculous at the moment. But like you I’m slowing my collecting down in the larger scale pieces as I’m just completely out of room. I recently preordered a 1/2 Queen Studios piece and I have no idea where I’m going to put it..... or even pay for it.

If you get any of their premium formats or Hot Toy figures the deal is pretty good. If I were to import it’ll cost anywhere from 35% to 70% on top of what I pay to Popcultcha. And I still have half a dozen older Prime 1 preorder pieces to come via Popcultcha, which I also saved quite a bit on. When I’ve ordered the Exclusives from Sideshow they’re cost me $800 AUD more:slap

I just hope Prime 1 improves their shipping charges to Australia as it’s a bit ridiculous at the moment. But like you I’m slowing my collecting down in the larger scale pieces as I’m just completely out of room. I recently preordered a 1/2 Queen Studios piece and I have no idea where I’m going to put it..... or even pay for it.

That the exact predicament I'm in with the ecto....

I very nearly got the Jetfire Optimus but I'm glad it sold out and the decision was taken out of my hands haha. Only problem is now I keep eyeing off Shockwave......

That the exact predicament I'm in with the ecto....

I very nearly got the Jetfire Optimus but I'm glad it sold out and the decision was taken out of my hands haha. Only problem is now I keep eyeing off Shockwave......

I love that Jetfire Optimus, but I already had the P1 DOTM Optimus, and because of their similarities I felt that it would be double dipping as it were. But damn I wouldn’t even know where to put something the size of Shockwave.

I’ve recently preordered a few vehicles like the Chronicles Galaxy Class Enterprise, Farscape Moya, and Iron Studios 89 Batmobile and I don’t even know where I’m going to be putting them. Probably on top of some cabinet.

Back