Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAgentofChaosx

Freaked Out
Reaction score
https://batman-news.com/2020/01/02/mcfarlane-toys-dc-multiverse-toy-line/

Detective 1000 Figure.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Superman-Action-Comics-1000-Superman-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batmobile-Build-a-Figure-Batgirl-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batmobile-Build-a-Figure-Nightwing-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batmobile-Build-a-Figure-The-Batman-Who-Laughs-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Batman-the-Animated-Series-Batman-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Justice-League-John-Stewart-Green-Lantern-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Superman-Superman-the-Animated-Series-Superman-Action-Figure-07.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Harley-Quinn-Batman-the-Animated-Series-Harley-Quinn-Action-Figure-.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Arrow-Arrow-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Hellbat-Suit-Action-Figure-06.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Superman-Unchained-Armor-Action-Figure-06.jpg

The variety of material they?ve pulled from is cool. I?m a little underwhelmed though. Hopefully they look killer in person. The chests on Superman and Batman put me off, and those are the two I was really looking forward to. And I?m not digging the Hulked out animated versions.

I think the comic versions are nice the animated series versions look odd to me though...

Of this first wave I like the way Nightwing looks best probably. Might grab that one. The Detective Comics or standard Batman looks alright too.

I keep looking at the standard Batman and I can't tell if it's just the way the photo is or not, but the distance from hishead to the symbol seems inhumanly long, and his torso overall is gigantic. I'm just trying to picture what he'd look like without a shirt/cape on :lol

Most of these are worse than Mattel, surprisingly. TBWL and Nightwing look good, but none are great. I’d have loved some old school quality sculpting from McFarlane but these look like copies of unused Mattel sculpts or something. Odd proportions and articulation choices. The animated figures are laughable. DCC has nothing to worry about there. NECA > McFarlane so far!

There are a lot more photos on McFarlane’s site, and they all look way better there. Batman’s proportions in particular look way better, and while I’m not a huge fan of the solid capes, Batman’s cape in the rear shot looks pretty awesome.

I’d really love to see them do a Frank Miller Batman from DKR. The original (Unlimited line I believe?) release was a little weird in the face.

The first preorders on Amazon have these at $35 each, that can't possibly be the pricepoint right?

Back