Statue Sideshow: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbanner_WitcherAnnouncement.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Sideshow / CD Projekt Red: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt License

God damnit, thought it was Hot Toys for a second.

Massive mixed feelings with this. On one hand any Witcher products are welcome seeing as it's a pretty limited selection on the whole.

On the other hand this is SS we're talking. Quality is as wavering as Texas weather and not necessarily in line with the high status CDPR strives for. That being said some of the Dark Horse stuff has been atrocious (but great kits if you're handy with repaints), so who knows.

CDPR apparently has said no to articulated figures in their licensing historically. So unless anything has changed, we should expect statues and the like.

What I'm hoping is that SS can strike a nice balance with a product that is high end but for the "middle class" collector such that it's better than what's out there but not a wild commitment like the P1 stuff. As much as I'd have loved to get in on those...well...money.

You're right, they didn't confirm it, I just assumed they would be. We'll see.

They just said collectibles, right? I really hope they make 1/6 figure too, with the default armor. And probably will make their usual 1/4 statue too.

I assumed 1/4 scale statues but that suggests prime 1 lost the licence?

Am looking forward to seeing these, prime 1 look good but not that affordable, I'm starting to go off their 'realistic' skin also

Massive mixed feelings with this. On one hand any Witcher products are welcome seeing as it's a pretty limited selection on the whole.

On the other hand this is SS we're talking. Quality is as wavering as Texas weather and not necessarily in line with the high status CDPR strives for. That being said some of the Dark Horse stuff has been atrocious (but great kits if you're handy with repaints), so who knows.

CDPR apparently has said no to articulated figures in their licensing historically. So unless anything has changed, we should expect statues and the like.

What I'm hoping is that SS can strike a nice balance with a product that is high end but for the "middle class" collector such that it's better than what's out there but not a wild commitment like the P1 stuff. As much as I'd have loved to get in on those...well...money.

We'll I don't know if people know but McFarlane Toys revealed 7 inch Cyberpunk figures a few days ago so CDPR no articularion policy has likely changed, I wonder if Sideshow will make statues or 1/6 figures, hopefully not the figures.

We'll I don't know if people know but McFarlane Toys revealed 7 inch Cyberpunk figures a few days ago so CDPR no articularion policy has likely changed, I wonder if Sideshow will make statues or 1/6 figures, hopefully not the figures.
Whew, well ****. CDPR goes into figures finally and picks Sideshow and McFarlane....of all the companies making stuff out there. These are the two they choose to go with. Those McF 2077 figures look straight out of 2007. If it's not Anime or Fortnite, their quality seems to just be lost in the past.

How bittersweet. I can only hope that McFarlane couldn't get their hands on the Witcher and that license has been locked in by someone else.

Whew, well ****. CDPR goes into figures finally and picks Sideshow and McFarlane....of all the companies making stuff out there. These are the two they choose to go with. Those McF 2077 figures look straight out of 2007. If it's not Anime or Fortnite, their quality seems to just be lost in the past.

How bittersweet. I can only hope that McFarlane couldn't get their hands on the Witcher and that license has been locked in by someone else.
Took the words out of my mouth, I'm so disappointed in their picks, McFarlane has a been a constant let down over the years with their terrible quality control and that terrible paint... Not to mention the way they treat their costumers and licenses, as for Sideshow... We'll I don't even want to go there, it's just such a shame that so many underdogs out there are not even given a chance because they don't have the popularity or rep brands like Hot Toys, Sideshow and others have, it's why over the years the market has been boiled down to only a few brands for certain scales and collectibles, I guess we'll see if Sideshow will really make 1/6 figures, I truly hope not.

Oh man, they will have to really step up their game to compete with the Prime 1 quality of their Witcher pieces.

We have to wait and see what they're making first, lots are thinking they'll be making 1/6 scale figures given that Prime 1 is making the statues, which I hope is not the case.

Really hope that if they made figures they don't ruin them. Actually they should just let HT do those and stick to statues.

Smart move by SS to get Witcher and CP2077. Lots of directions they could go in. I would be interested in some Art Prints. Hopefully, HT can get the Witcher Netflix Geralt at least.

I hear that all the time that they have said no to articulated figures, do we have a source? Not questioning you just want to read any statement they made

I would've preferred Hot Toys, by a wide margin, but I'll remain... optimistic. Kinda. How bad can things possibly turn out?!

Smart move by SS to get Witcher and CP2077. Lots of directions they could go in. I would be interested in some Art Prints. Hopefully, HT can get the Witcher Netflix Geralt at least.
I definitely would love Hot toys to make Netflix Geralt. Lol

Back