Prop Good Lightsaber to buy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bebe13junior

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello

I really would like to get a decent lightsaber. One with great lighting, effects and great hilt. I?d prefer Darth Vader but either Anakin?s lightsaber or Kylo Ren would suffice.

I?ve seen the Black Series sabres on YouTube and they seem amazing. Seems like I won?t be able to track down a Vader saber at a decent price but any suggestions would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you?re looking for a good Darth Vader lightsaber, I highly recommend the Disney Parks Rogue One version. Its available on the Shop Disney website for $170. If Galaxys Edge isn?t doable, that version is the best you can buy for the price. Comes with everything too. Removable hilt, stand, belt clip and wall mount. The sound effects are accurate to Vader as well.

If you?re looking for a good Darth Vader lightsaber, I highly recommend the Disney Parks Rogue One version. Its available on the Shop Disney website for $170. If Galaxys Edge isn?t doable, that version is the best you can buy for the price. Comes with everything too. Removable hilt, stand, belt clip and wall mount. The sound effects are accurate to Vader as well.

Is that new Kylo Ren Supreme Leader supposed to be the IT saber? It is quite expensive.

Is that new Kylo Ren Supreme Leader supposed to be the IT saber? It is quite expensive.

That one is definitely steps above the previous Black Series Kylo saber. Removable blades, better stand, and buttons on the hilt to simulate deflecting blaster bolts and dragging it on the ground. Expensive indeed though. I was thinking of getting it if the prices drops lower.

I have the Disney Parks version and that one is also great. It used to be sold on the website along with the TLJ Rey/Skywalker, but those aren?t available at the moment.

If you really want to do it right, do it once, and have a prop replica quality that works, check out https://saberforge.com/
Not only can you find canon sabers, including Anakin/Luke/Rey, Obi-Wan, Darths Maul, Tyrannus, and Vader, (IV, V, VI and padawan) you can also design your own.
They are fully functional and duel capable.

I have the Disney Legacy Darth Vader,Darth Maul and Luke Lightsabers.They are full metal and accurate in weight and design.They are awesome especially if you want to use them for Dueling or Cosplay.They are sound specific to the character and full motion sensitive.Even inserting the blade has it's own sound as well as the iconic on and off sounds.Well worth the price.And when you smack them they respond.
Nice also if you just want as a Display piece.Comes in a nice case.Blades and Hilt Stands sold seperately.

Attachments

• IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    480.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    478.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3223.JPG
    IMG_3223.JPG
    808.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    756.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3248.JPG
    IMG_3248.JPG
    637.4 KB · Views: 134
  • aaa luke2.jpg
    aaa luke2.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 132
Are the Disney park sabers 1:1 scale as the actual props used in the movies?

Yes the Disney Parks and Galaxys Edge Legacy lightsabers are all 1:1 scale. Metal hilt and feel very nice and solid.

I?ve got the Luke ROTJ, Rey/Skywalker, and two Darth Maul Legacy lightsabers as well. Such fantastic pieces, if only people who can?t go to the parks could get them without going to ebay. They?re very awesome as marvinkyles said.

Yes the Disney Parks and Galaxys Edge Legacy lightsabers are all 1:1 scale. Metal hilt and feel very nice and solid.

I?ve got the Luke ROTJ, Rey/Skywalker, and two Darth Maul Legacy lightsabers as well. Such fantastic pieces, if only people who can?t go to the parks could get them without going to ebay. They?re very awesome as marvinkyles said.

They look great. Although I thought they?d be bigger than the actual props used due to the batteries? I have a few of the old force fx once from the early 2000s and the hilts were bigger.

They look great. Although I thought they?d be bigger than the actual props used due to the batteries? I have a few of the old force fx once from the early 2000s and the hilts were bigger.

I hadn?t thought of that before, so now I?m not exactly sure if they are true 1:1 scale. But looking at them in person, they look very close and any difference in dimensions would go unnoticed to me.

Actually one thing I forgot to mention, is that it seems with all the Kylo sabers from the different lines, the emitter piece is thicker than the actual prop as they need to be able to hold the blade. I only noticed that while seeing the prop at the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland

Man I really want a saber but $100 plus is a lot.

If they made a Darth Vader at a decent price I?d be all in.

I was all excited to build my own saber but when I found out they had this replica line I honestly figured I'd just go pick up one or two of these and call it good.

I was all excited to build my own saber but when I found out they had this replica line I honestly figured I'd just go pick up one or two of these and call it good.

The Savi?s Workshop lightsabers are also quite awesome. I made one from the ?Protection and Defense? theme, and I love that you can change out the kyber crystals to any color you want. But yes indeed the Legacy line is just fantastic for the prices.

Here?s my Savi?s Workshop lightsaber hilt:

72981957db23eb91d719e3a32e6c0b46.jpg

Wchow16, yeah that saber looks really awesome. Always wanted a ROTJ Vader myself. Don?t have personal experience with them but I?ve heard good things

Back