Statue Predator Barbarian Mythos Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbanner_400318_PredBarbarian.jpg

Last edited:
SS just needs to give up the license already. They botched the Wolf, cancelled the Elder and give us this . Mythos crap works for SW, but not Preds unless your name is Narin.

SS just needs to give up the license already. They botched the Wolf, cancelled the Elder and give us this . Mythos crap works for SW, but not Preds unless your name is Narin.

LOL.

To be fair (and I know it's always personal taste) - I think whoever did this did a blimmin' AMAZING job - it's a killer looking sculpt and this is a TON better than any of the Alien mythos stuff they have announced/released (again YMMV).

I'd buy this for sure if it was by someone other than Sideshow, but unless they revert to pre-Wolf material (polystone) AND a fair price AND get their QC sorted out - it'll be bypassed by the majority of us.

I'd be surprised if they get many pre-orders (at least from informed/discerning collectors) given Sideshows history with Pred & Alien stuff.

I would have thought that waiting for in-hand would be the only sensible option for those that consider it a must-have.

Time will tell :)

You'd think a masked City hunter would have been a little more requested than all the mythos stuff.

It probably is, but then Sideshow would have to try for accuracy, and we know how that goes...

In its own right, this barbarian predator is a rad design. Too bad it will probably be plastic with obvious seams, a lackluster paint job, and be priced at $800.

I actually like this and would like to see more mythos because I sure as hell don't trust SS with film accuracy. Unfortunately for the price they'll be asking plus materials used is a killer for me. I'd rather put that money towards something from P1 or towards a custom 1/1 bust.

Dreadlocks are not separated, they're in chunks. If it's visible on the prototype...

predator-barbarian-mythos_predator_gallery_5f04bd3aa1d4c.jpg

predator-barbarian-mythos_predator_gallery_5f04bd3b0aaf1.jpg

predator-barbarian-mythos_predator_gallery_5f04bd3c2db5b.jpg

Admittedly I'd be more chipper if they tried a P2 Elder again.

Dreadlocks are not separated, they're in chunks . . .

I hadn't spotted that until you said - but since this will always be displayed facing forward (which looks awesome!), it doesn't bother me.

I'm guessing they did that so they could be cast more easily (reducing costs of production & assembly) AND to reduce QC & breakage issues.

It was nice to find out that it's a Paul Komoda sculpt. Paul always does good work, but there's a definite "Narin-esque" vibe to this I LOVE.

Prices doubled, but my income did not, so I'm passing. If it was Elder though....

Hmm, I don't know, I really like some parts such as his bone armour and the colours used, his head head has a nice shape to it also. But over all I'm not feeling it, not for the kind of money they want for it anyway. The head lean is too much and fused dreads are a pet peeve of mine, they always look bad. The horns under his chin are a bit ott also, less is more sometimes. Maybe it'll grow on me enough to grab one if it's If it's discounted down the line like so many things are these days...

Also, they need to bring back the name plates for these, I get why some people don't like them with statues etc, but they worked well with this line and added a touch of class.

LKPOVaf.jpg

Back