Statue Sideshow Superman Call to Action Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
that's cool!

Attachments

• supes.jpg
    supes.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 409
Nice looking statue but four Superman PF's now. Presumably another Batman and Joker will be on the way.

Still no Robin, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, Riddler, Penguin or Two Face. Was hoping this year would be new chracters only.

Nice looking statue but four Superman PF's now. Presumably another Batman and Joker will be on the way.

Still no Robin, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, Riddler, Penguin or Two Face. Was hoping this year would be new chracters only.

Yeah, here's hoping we see some new DC characters that haven't been released yet. I'm down for a Two Face and Martian Manhunter PF myself.

This is a pleasant surprise. As a kid I always loved the Quick Change figures for Batman and Superman to take them from the alter ego to superhero. It was like getting two toys in one. This is definitely bought especially since it is full mixed media which I LOVE when it comes to PFs. I hope the EX is a swap out Superman headsculpt

Why PVC is considered bad? I always felt PVC imitates skin better than polystone.

I hold the same opinion. I actually prefer translucent resins with quality paint applications (unfortunately both don’t always occur together).

Some who have been in this game long enough feel that PVC gives them a plastic like look, which cheapens the statue for them.

But as someone who first started collecting Hot Toys which soundly beat the Sideshow headsculpts consistently usually by quite a wide margin, I was never one to care about the material on the heads and hands, but I still wanted my statues to have a certain heft to them, because at the end of the day they were still statues and to me that will always be something with a bit of weight to them.

I hold the same opinion. I actually prefer translucent resins with quality paint applications (unfortunately both don?t always occur together).

Some who have been in this game long enough feel that PVC gives them a plastic like look, which cheapens the statue for them.

But as someone who first started collecting Hot Toys which soundly beat the Sideshow headsculpts consistently usually by quite a wide margin, I was never one to care about the material on the heads and hands, but I still wanted my statues to have a certain heft to them, because at the end of the day they were still statues and to me that will always be something with a bit of weight to them.

I don't care about weight, if anything lighter is better for moving and shipping costs. Pvc certainly looks better when done right, but I feel it can look bad if not done well

Back