Doctor Strange MAQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filip629

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, looks like Sideshow is kicking off 12 days with a Doc Strange MAQ. I'm not much of a Doc Strange fan but it's really nice to see Sideshow give us a fresh character on the first day.

1125_previewbanner_300662_DoctorStrange.jpg

The detail, especially in the clothing, look dope. I like it....not enough to buy, but I like it.

If the paint looks like that I'm definitely in. I don't care if it's fabric, I care about what it looks like

A wired cape has some huge plusses and unfortunate minuses.

Yes they need more regular care and attention to keep looking good.

OTOH weight is dramatically reduced. While maybe not as much difference if it were made of PVC vs cloth, the dimensional weight of the packaging is going to still be affected which will impact shipping prices, and eventual storage of the packaging.

Another big plus is the ability to easily creatively modify the look of the piece to keep it visually interesting longer- as well as to fit into areas that may have space restrictions.

Overall more pluses than minuses for me.

I don't mind the fabric cape...the sculpt is so dam good,I cant wait!

I love fabric cape. It gives me a freedom to create a unique statue.
f67ccb7c5c69b4ff75ca537b1125eaae.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I'm also in the camp of preferring cloth capes. Reduced weight, control over posing, and I like the mixed media look. Especially paired with the excellent sculpting that SS has been putting out lately. Best of both worlds.

As long as material not leather type which can break off.

Back