Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky Underbelly

Hoarding Since '70
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Gandalf the White will be up next in the Crown line.

From the Elrond thread ...

next in the crown line is Gandalf the White. Galadriel is under development and we will share news in the Galadriel thread when we have any updates to share with you guys

Given how much Asmus has improved since the beginning of this line when the original was released, I"m really looking forward to this upgrade.

Noooo way! GANDalf the white will be the crown edition! I?m so excited about this release. Missed the first release and they have improved so much since then. I?m excited to see this release and to pick him up.

I?m definitely not missing this guy this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear, I need a Gandalf so I'll deffo be getting this version! Already started saving up for him. :)

Looks like Gandalf the White will be up next in the Crown line.

From the Elrond thread ...

Given how much Asmus has improved since the beginning of this line when the original was released, I"m really looking forward to this upgrade.

Yes, I was buying their first figures, but still waiting for GtW and Frodo heads that they promised. I was not planning to buy another full figure of GtW. I hope they will have some options for the original owners.

Yes, I was buying their first figures, but still waiting for GtW and Frodo heads that they promised. I was not planning to buy another full figure of GtW. I hope they will have some options for the original owners.

Agreed. I hope we can just get the head sculpt. Gandalf the Grey is my favorite look, anyway.

I would guess asmus will release GtW heads along with the Crown figure. That way those who have the original figure can just replace the portrait. While I plan to get the Crown, I would definitely pick up a spare for my current GtW.

Hoping Legolas is next on the list. If Asmus produces Crown Hobbits I’d prefer the armors as opposed to yet another release of the same outfits.

The costume first time round wasn?t quite accurate I hope we get a better updated version, also I think the staff was a little short.

I?m very excited for the re released version though as the first head sculpt was not good at all he more resembled the rotk ps2 game.

I hope asmus that we get a radagast the brown, the hair they are use ink for the beard is amazing with a little birds nest and poop he would look fantastic.

There are definitely a few costume adjustments necessary since the first release.

1. White vest with gold stitching instead of black.
2. Top skirt is cream coloured rather than pure white.
3. Better trousers as the originals are too short.
4. Fabric boots if possible.
5. Grey belt rather than white and with metal buckles rather than plastic.
6. Maybe a different, lighter fabric for the cloak? The linen original was a bit clunky but did look good once water treated/folded correctly.
7. Longer staff.
8. Maybe his grey 'Stormcrow' cloak he wears to Edoras??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

two more ideas since you mentioned,

1. Light up staff? (it will be really really hard to do)
2. Shadowfax?

I would LOVE a light-up staff but for Gandalf the Grey Crown version, who should have come with one.

As for Shadowfax, look at the "Mr. Z" horses for inspiration. They look amazing and are reasonably priced.

I would LOVE a light-up staff but for Gandalf the Grey Crown version, who should have come with one.

As for Shadowfax, look at the "Mr. Z" horses for inspiration. They look amazing and are reasonably priced.

Those horses are incredible, a white horse like that would be great.

As for accessories
Staff
Sword
Grey cape
Pipe
Palantir in cloth bag

two more ideas since you mentioned,

1. Light up staff? (it will be really really hard to do)
2. Shadowfax?

I'm definitely in the minority here but I'd rather GTW didn't come with Shadowfax as I don't have the space to display a 1/6 scale horse so it would just be left in the box...I only want the Gandalf figure. :lol

I'm definitely in the minority here but I'd rather GTW didn't come with Shadowfax as I don't have the space to display a 1/6 scale horse so it would just be left in the box...I only want the Gandalf figure. :lol

Well with Elrond coming, the Witch King, Crown Gandalf the Grey, Helms Deep Aragorn and Faramir all on their way my wallet would be fine living without Shadowfax

Those horses are incredible, a white horse like that would be great.

As for accessories
Staff
Sword
Grey cape
Pipe
Palantir in cloth bag

Good list of accessories, in particular the Palantir in cloth bag. Hadn't thought of that one!

I also prefer to display Gandalf without Shadowfax. Have the horse sold separately, if possible.

Just make a general release standard edition and a deluxe set which includes Shadowfax. The Crown Jewel release.
But if not I know where to get a brilliant 1:6 white horse but, as I already have my Arwen on one, it’d be nice to have something different from Asmus.

Back