GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickman

Super Freak
Reaction score
If Hasbro's license for GI JOE ever fell into the hands of SideShow would you be interested in a 1:6 line? I have Hasbro's 1:6 original Hooded Commander and mail Away Cobra Soldier, but in no way do they compare to the quality that SideShow can offer. Here are a few of my pictures of my 25th anniversary collection. I think that this could be a cool line for SideShow in another year or so.

gijoe080407_Destro.jpg
gijoe080407_Cobrasoldier1.jpg

gijoe080407_Cobrasoldier3.jpg
gijoe080407_Cobraofficer1.jpg

gijoe080407_Cobraofficer2.jpg
gijoe080407_CobraCommanderHooded1.png

gijoe080407_CobraCommander2.jpg
gijoe080407StormShadow1.jpg

gijoe080407StormShadow2.jpg
gijoe080407SnakeEyes1.jpg

Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

gijoe080407SnakeEyes2.jpg
gijoe080407SnakeEyes3.jpg

gijoe080407Flint.jpg
gijoe080407Flint2.jpg

I didn't believe that this belonged in the military forum, so I posted here instead. Sorry if this is out of place.

That line is by far the best thing to happend to gijoe since the 90's.I myself am waiting for the Zartan figure announced at SDCC.

I would be all over a 1/6 line. But that will never happen.

80's GIJoe is the greatest toy line ever.

Well, in the spirit of 1:6, the original 5 Adventure Team GI Joes are being reissued thru Wal-Marts for under $10 each. :D

I haven't picked up any of these guys yet, but I think I'm going to get at least one of everything I've seen announced thus far. I wish I'd been able to catch some of the B.A.T. Attack packs and H.I.S.S. V's that got blown out super-cheaply at Hasbro Toy Shop....

As much as I'd love a 12" 25th anniversary line done by Sideshow or Medicom.I dont think my wallet could handle it right with all the stuff thats coming out already.Though dont be surprised if Hasbro doesnt bring back the joes ,like they did the G. I joe Hall of Fame back in the 90's

I was a late 80's-early 90's GI Joe kid and have always been a GI Joe fan. And I started my serious toy collecting a few years ago starting with GI Joe when it came back as "GI Joe vs. Cobra" and later on went on as "Spytroops", "Valor vs. Venom" and then "DTC" when Hasbro decided to give up on the 3 3/4'' figures....I also got a lot of the older figures MOC such as '85 Snake Eyes and several others that I paid a mint for on eBay during the big "80's toy revival" that hit several years ago when Transformers was booming in popularity with "Transformers: Armada" and Masters of the Universe was a brought back by Mattel

It was actually the decline of the "DTC" line that lead me to change my collecting focus from GI Joe to 12'' collectible figures. I had always been a fan of superheroes, and especially movie characters from the Alien/Predator universe...so it worked out nicely.

That all being said, I will always be a GI Joe fan and already have ALL the current 25th Anniversary figures which are fantastic. They do have some issues to nit-pick at, but I love them all and it's awesome that Hasbro is putting some heart back into GI Joe after all us fan were crying foul at them over their strange color selections and weird designs when they had the "Valor vs. Venom" line running (PURPLE Firefly?Zartan that looked like a Gangsta?).

So I am certainly looking for this line to continue and I am extremely psyched that we're finally getting a *NEW* Serpentor as well as all the other figures.

Oh and yes,I would support a "high-end" 12'' GI Joe figures as well. :chew

I still have a ton of my old GI Joe toys. Unfortunately, growing up the action figures were used as target practice aside from a select few. But, when I last checked them they didn't fair to well in my mom's attic due to heat. I probably have about 3 boxes full of vehicles though. Personally a 1/6 does not interest me, but I would love a PF snake eyes and storm shadow. Did the old cartoons ever make it to DVD? I didn't check real hard but I don't ever remember seeing them. My boy would probably love it!

DSC09606.JPG

I was hoping to see Serpentor as soon as this line was announced, and ever figure in the line looks very true to the 80's design, but I can't figure out where in hell they came up with the design for this Serpentor figure, that looks nothing like his costume from the 80's cartoon. It'd be nice if it got corrected before release. Thankfully, I have the amazing Serpentor bust from Diamond.

You're right MaulFan, I wonder if that's based on a later Serpentor design like the camo Storm Shadow and leopard skin Destro. Too bad they didn't base it off the original costume.

Serpentor is an amalgam design from the original design and Devil's Due's design. Devil's Due is a comic publisher and the current holder of the rights for the GI Joe comic and resurrected Serpentor in one of their old storylines.

gijoe22bmt.jpg

IMG_92000__scaled_800.jpg

They also showed an unpainted STALKER at SDCC.

IMG_9011.JPG

PAINTED ZARTAN
IMG_0127.JPG

SHIPWRECK
IMG_0138.JPG

PAINTED FIREFLY
IMG_5011.jpg

RED NINJA (army-builder)
298.jpg

man these are bad a$$....guess i will be getting some 3 3/4" figs now.

That Zartan Looks awesome

I've already ordered 4 cobra troopers
Buzzer
Zartan
Beachead
Serpentor

Can't wait for Major Blood I'm also looking forward to Dr. Mindbendor. I'm not sure how many of these I'll get, it already sounds like too many!

I wonder what their Rock n Roll, Flash, Grunt, Stalker, and Clutch will look like.

If this line goes into Vehicles or playsets :monkey4
A remake of the aircraft carrier,
Terror Drome
Joe HQ :wacky

As if these kids today don't have enough to worry about:rolleyes:

P.S. the best part is their price! Only $5.50.

I want to army build some Crimson Guards, always my favorite Cobra Enemy.

Back