1/6 Speculation: Falcon and the Winter Soldier Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I mean, we all know we're getting this, right?

yUR4ZVg.jpg

I'll 100% buy both. I don't have a figure of Falcon yet but I'm soooo keen to add another Bucky to the collection!

I'd be in for another Falcon too. Previous Falcons take up some space with wingspread but so great on shelf. Wish HT had done an IW version (3 drones, more battle damage).

I'd be in for another Falcon too. Previous Falcons take up some space with wingspread but so great on shelf. Wish HT had done an IW version (3 drones, more battle damage).

I agree Sassafras. I was surprised by how amazing my Falcon (CW) looked on the shelf. That figure is very well done and incredibly impressive.

I hope that an interesting costume variant is used for the new series. If it is different looking enough it may make me finally break my one figure per character rule ...btw that rule is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain

I agree Sassafras. I was surprised by how amazing my Falcon (CW) looked on the shelf. That figure is very well done and incredibly impressive.

I hope that an interesting costume variant is used for the new series. If it is different looking enough it may make me finally break my one figure per character rule ...btw that rule is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain

Haha when I started collecting and saw firsts posts about collectors with one fig per character rule I was already too far in. Never occurred to me. Was already on Cap #3 I think....*greed*:monkey3

Still, in theory, IMO there's probably gonna be enough differences with Falcon to break the rule. Like Ronin Hawkeye being so different. Also tho narrative is unknown he has the shield. Worse case u could sell CW version which was going for wicked prices last I checked:horror

Haha when I started collecting and saw firsts posts about collectors with one fig per character rule I was already too far in. Never occurred to me. Was already on Cap #3 I think....*greed*:monkey3

Still, in theory, IMO there's probably gonna be enough differences with Falcon to break the rule. Like Ronin Hawkeye being so different. Also tho narrative is unknown he has the shield. Worse case u could sell CW version which was going for wicked prices last I checked:horror

Yeah you are probably right, that there will probably be a significant difference in the appearance of the CW Falcon and the Disney + version. Based on the pictures I saw from an art book that costume looked a lot more like Falcon from the comics which I like a lot. But the CW version does look amazing so I can see why he is going for high prices on eBay.

As it is I will likely be stretching my rule by getting that new Iron Patriot when I already will have IW War Machine. It is strange trying to hold my self to wierd self-imposed rules.

Yeah you are probably right, that there will probably be a significant difference in the appearance of the CW Falcon and the Disney + version. Based on the pictures I saw from an art book that costume looked a lot more like Falcon from the comics which I like a lot. But the CW version does look amazing so I can see why he is going for high prices on eBay.

As it is I will likely be stretching my rule by getting that new Iron Patriot when I already will have IW War Machine. It is strange trying to hold my self to wierd self-imposed rules.

Nah, I mean I think a lot of folks here have *collecting rules*. Tho maybe it's more *nebulous*. 'Coz this hobby is 1) addicting and 2) it's so easy! POs! U barely notice the blip on the credit card! I guess I self-regulate in reverse, kind of. Like, I got in Roadworn Thor. He's great! I want another Thor! But the Thor I wanted (AOU) has the same sculpt. So, talked myself out of paying those marked-up costs. I'm always asking myself do u REALLY want this? Will u want in a year? 4 years?

'Coz I don't overturn my collections. Cap and Bucky are about the only givens for me - everyone else gets the *evil eye*:lol re a purchase. Even so am still passing on EG Cap until some in-hand pics:panic:. I've got enough Caps to get picky now:cool: - Bucky too, tho suspect HT will just re-use that fantastic sculpt, and they always did a good job with Falcon IMO.

If u don't self-regulate tho aside from the cost - there's pics online of collectors with like floors covered in boxes. Which is fine, but I've already got a closet full of boxes and don't have a spare room to turn into a collection room.:monkey2

Yes Sassafras, it is a fun and addictive hobby!
Also it seems like Hot Toys (and probably the other companies as well) seem to continually improve in the technologies/materials they use so it seems like the figures in general are getting cooler looking.
I am glad to know that others are trying to conform to some sort of “collecting rules” for various reasons, makes me feel like not such a stick in the mud.

The PO process does make this hobby easier bk as you say the “blips” on the statements seem so much more negligible over time. But now space is becoming an issue. I have only been collecting these for a couple of years (since Civil War) but I have 30 of these guys now and five on PO. I am making space in my basement for four or five Detolfs but that is about all the room I want to dedicate to them so that is also a regulator. I keep the boxes in the attic so that works. So I also do not have like a dedicated room for this stuff. Also I have to keep my wife’s sensibilities in consideration. She likes the figures but I don’t want to have so many that she sees theM as overwhelming, so I deliberately keep them out of the main living areas (the first and second floors of the house). The only exception will be Armored Thanos who will be displayed in my home office when he arrives :)

They make a Falcon, that will be a buy from me guaranteed. I'm digging the concept art I've seen online and I haven't bought a Falcon already because I haven't been a fan of the design from the movies.

Also it seems like Hot Toys (and probably the other companies as well) seem to continually improve in the technologies/materials they use so it seems like the figures in general are getting cooler looking.
I am glad to know that others are trying to conform to some sort of “collecting rules” for various reasons, makes me feel like not such a stick in the mud.

The PO process does make this hobby easier bk as you say the “blips” on the statements seem so much more negligible over time. But now space is becoming an issue. I have only been collecting these for a couple of years (since Civil War) but I have 30 of these guys now and five on PO. I am making space in my basement for four or five Detolfs but that is about all the room I want to dedicate to them so that is also a regulator. I keep the boxes in the attic so that works. So I also do not have like a dedicated room for this stuff. Also I have to keep my wife’s sensibilities in consideration. She likes the figures but I don’t want to have so many that she sees theM as overwhelming, so I deliberately keep them out of the main living areas (the first and second floors of the house). The only exception will be Armored Thanos who will be displayed in my home office when he arrives :)

They make a Falcon, that will be a buy from me guaranteed. I'm digging the concept art I've seen online and I haven't bought a Falcon already because I haven't been a fan of the design from the movies.

Agreed the concept art looks very cool much closer to his appearance in the comics as I recall

I am glad to know that others are trying to conform to some sort of ?collecting rules? for various reasons, makes me feel like not such a stick in the mud.

The PO process does make this hobby easier bk as you say the ?blips? on the statements seem so much more negligible over time. But now space is becoming an issue. I have only been collecting these for a couple of years (since Civil War) but I have 30 of these guys now and five on PO. I am making space in my basement for four or five Detolfs but that is about all the room I want to dedicate to them so that is also a regulator. I keep the boxes in the attic so that works. So I also do not have like a dedicated room for this stuff. Also I have to keep my wife?s sensibilities in consideration. She likes the figures but I don?t want to have so many that she sees theM as overwhelming, so I deliberately keep them out of the main living areas (the first and second floors of the house). The only exception will be Armored Thanos who will be displayed in my home office when he arrives :)

Well, often. But yah know as HT prices have gone up, IMO u may get less bang for your buck (fewer accessories, Cap is back to plastic shields, and so on) and/or you never know about sculpts.:horror

I've been fighting with myself adding another display cabinet, or not (I like Targets Hadley collection - also hack by turning upside down and putting on IKEA Hemnes bench to lift off carpet; leave out a shelf, etc.) LOL bloody Mandalorian show as me hooked, and maybe TV series will have a new and spectacular Falcon and I want those wings fully spread.

But HT rising costs are a limiting factor for me now too. I may WANT another diecast IM but doesn't mean I will GET him $$$$:cool:
However, Falcon and Bucky have been on my radar since news of MCU series, and probably Wanda and Loki as well.

Well, often. But yah know as HT prices have gone up, IMO u may get less bang for your buck (fewer accessories, Cap is back to plastic shields, and so on) and/or you never know about sculpts.:horror

I've been fighting with myself adding another display cabinet, or not (I like Targets Hadley collection - also hack by turning upside down and putting on IKEA Hemnes bench to lift off carpet; leave out a shelf, etc.) LOL bloody Mandalorian show as me hooked, and maybe TV series will have a new and spectacular Falcon and I want those wings fully spread.

But HT rising costs are a limiting factor for me now too. I may WANT another diecast IM but doesn't mean I will GET him $$$$:cool:
However, Falcon and Bucky have been on my radar since news of MCU series, and probably Wanda and Loki as well.

Wow they seriously are using plastic for the shield again, IMO that is not cool.

Thanks for that display hack. I will look into the dimensions of the Hadley Collection. Is it pictured in some of your previous posts?

Yes!!!!! And the Mandalorian figures look awesome so far. But I am terrified about buying any bk if I do then I know I will have to get several other Star Wars figures and there we go.

I knew as soon as I saw pictures of Bucky from the new show that you would be down for that, he looks really cool. I hope that the Falcon also looks as good

Wow they seriously are using plastic for the shield again, IMO that is not cool.

Thanks for that display hack. I will look into the dimensions of the Hadley Collection. Is it pictured in some of your previous posts?

Yes!!!!! And the Mandalorian figures look awesome so far. But I am terrified about buying any bk if I do then I know I will have to get several other Star Wars figures and there we go.

I knew as soon as I saw pictures of Bucky from the new show that you would be down for that, he looks really cool. I hope that the Falcon also looks as good

Don't have pics per se of entire cabinet but u can see background in some pics - it's kind of a washed dark oak.

I use both the 3 shelf and 2 shelf versions - they only come in grey and white tho u could paint, I guess. Shelves are fixed but depending - I just leave out a
shelf of either during assembly. U do have the wood running across the glass, but that could be cut out. For height/stability - depending - I flip upside down
and put the 3 door on an IKEA Hemnes bench - tho these do have feet. (Using the bench was just a way to get additional height in a tight corner in office.)

'Coz the frame of these are wood, u can cut off legs if needed, and make a table top cabinet. IMO great for mild hacks, and glass is good quality. I found the washed
oak background is nice for collections - not too busy. Vs. a Detolf more expensive and more wood frame in the way; the plus is more depth and if u leave out
shelf, room for tall pieces. Also if u get bored collecting u can use for anything. U can also install lock and even replace shelves with real wood, tho IMO the
MDF shelf is fine. IMO the grey is nice shade goes with anything. If u are really handy u could hack 2-door model into wall cabinets and get that collection UP.
But u will need to know how to re-inforce to wall etc.

Wait for a Target furniture sale tho - they have 'em all the time. Never paid full price for these. Even better with a Target account - the glass is heavy - they
come right to door. These are good for me as I like diorama stands and backgrounds, and they can take the weight. Plus u can drill shelves for lighting etc.
I like to wait for a sale + free shipping. If u get suggest having electric screwdriver and maybe wood glue - IMO stable enough without, but I tend to over-bolt
assembled furniture 'coz I can't stand wobbly joints. Then I don't have to worry about my polystone diorama stands.:cool:

Thanks so much Sassafras!!!!!
I will look into the dimensions and think about how that will work in my space.

As always much appreciated

Back