Custom 3D printed 3.75" scale Battlestar Galactica Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I think the survivors of the 12 colonies are technically aliens, so I guess I'll put this here :)

For my nephews this Christmas, I found a 3D model for a Battlestar Galactica Viper designed as a toy for 3.75" figures (they had asked for fighter jets for their hand-me-down 80s GI Joes). I just finished printing a pair over the past few weeks and getting them painted up. The overall Viper is slightly longer than an original 1978 Kenner X-Wing, so it's a good size at around 16" long.

It's not 100% accurate, but it looks like the original model was simplified in an appropriate toy-like style. I had to modify the cockpit opening to make it large enough to fit most 3.75" figures. As such, the blame for the ugly/boxy cockpit canopy redesign is entirely on me, but also should be more durable for play.

IMG_5140.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

Thanks! The black wash turned out better than expected. I'm tempted to make a third one for myself, but maybe sometime next year. I'd like to mod the model a little more and create landing gear for display along with doing a better canopy.

I think the survivors of the 12 colonies are technically aliens, so I guess I'll put this here :)

For my nephews this Christmas, I found a 3D model for a Battlestar Galactica Viper designed as a toy for 3.75" figures (they had asked for fighter jets for their hand-me-down 80s GI Joes). I just finished printing a pair over the past few weeks and getting them painted up. The overall Viper is slightly longer than an original 1978 Kenner X-Wing, so it's a good size at around 16" long.

It's not 100% accurate, but it looks like the original model was simplified in an appropriate toy-like style. I had to modify the cockpit opening to make it large enough to fit most 3.75" figures. As such, the blame for the ugly/boxy cockpit canopy redesign is entirely on me, but also should be more durable for play.

View attachment 473300

View attachment 473298

View attachment 473299

Amazing that this technology is in regular consumer hands. Great work.

Back