1/6 Speculation: Jedi Fallen Order - Cal Kestis & BD-1 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last night, I finished Jedi: Fallen Order. Although I had some issues with the game, it was the most fun Star Wars game I've played in a long time and although a little more inflection in his voice would have been nice, I liked Cal Kestis and loved BD-1. Absolutely hoping there is more to come with the crew of the Mantis.

It got me wondering, would Hot Toys ever make a Cal Kestis/BD-1 set? I feel as though if they make Cal, BD-1 would probably come as an accessory since they're always together. It's not unprecedented for Hot Toys to make figures from video games as we did get figures from Battlefront.

I don't know what the odds are, but I feel like Cal would make a nice addition to our collections. Making a thread like this worked for Tarkin, Anakin, Krennic, etc., so why the hell not give it a shot and see what happens. Plus, there was another Saw Gerrera appearance in the game on Kashyyyk, so maybe that helps get him made as well. Can't hurt to hope!

So, talk about Cal and BD-1! Let's do our thing, boardies!

cal-kestis-bd1.jpeg

Cal was such a boring character.

The Second Sister, to me, felt like the only interesting character with some real depth.

I would pick a HT version of her in a heartbeat.

i liked bd 1 but frankly cal's face was the worst aspect of playing. Thankfully the camera is usually behind him.

Cal was such a boring character.

The Second Sister, to me, felt like the only interesting character with some real depth.

I would pick a HT version of her in a heartbeat.

Really? I rather enjoyed Cal. I know he was a bit quiet and dull at times, but I thought that went along with the character. He was in hiding for five years, feeling responsible for his master's death and really only having one established friend all that time. He was laying low and hiding just trying to reconcile with himself and survive. I thought he showed a bit more life by the end of the game. But it doesn't bother me that he wasn't the most excitable character - everyone can't be Nathan Drake. He definitely went through some stuff.

However, I agree with you that Trilla (and Cere) were more interesting characters. Trilla was easily the best character in the game. Was disappointed at the ending, I was hoping she'd be around for the sequel. Pretty awesome moment though.

I'm surprised HT didn't announce a Cal. They probably saw no troops they could repaint and skipped it.
I'll take a Purge Trooper.
Basically a repaint of the beehive trooper from ROTS.

They also could have used this as a chance to rerelease K2 since the model of droid is apparently in this.

I've yet to play it, I'm waiting on a discount, but I definitely want to badly.

The game itself it just ok. It’s only good because of SW. I don’t think the Battlefront troopers sold well so I don’t know if HT will make anymore game only troopers.

I would probably buy this. The game is good so far and the second sister is a nice design too.
Never found a Star Wars game that blew me away but tbh I don’t play a lot of games anyway but love wielding lightsaber

I don't play video games, but I did watch a cinematic cutscene "movie" on Youtube, which is really pretty cool. The story is quite good and ties in with the overall epic, providing perspectives from other characters. I doubt you'd see these from HT, but maybe a KO company would produce Cal/BD-1 and 2nd Sister. They could probably sell 1K units per, which I think is around what those companies try to target.

Hasn?t hot Toys made figures from the Star Wars game Battlefront 2? There?s a chance they get into this game line

I would consider a Cal with BD-1 for sure. Especially if he comes with at least a couple of ponchos. Definitely would be interested in a Second Sister as well. Really liked her character.

Just picked this game up tonight. Gonna check it out tomorrow all day. On sale at Best Buy for $40. Couldn?t pass it up after so many great reviews.

Just picked this game up tonight. Gonna check it out tomorrow all day. On sale at Best Buy for $40. Couldn?t pass it up after so many great reviews.
Thanks for the heads up. PC physical is $5 more but I had a $25 reward cert that was expiring soon. Been really, really eager to play this.

I would consider a Cal with BD-1 for sure. Especially if he comes with at least a couple of ponchos. Definitely would be interested in a Second Sister as well. Really liked her character.

Me too. Would be a nice reminder of the game to have him on the shelf with BD standing opposite the second sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. Would be a nice reminder of the game to have him on the shelf with BD standing opposite the second sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, that would be an awesome display. Cal?s base outfit is already cool looking, so with a poncho on or off would look good either way in my opinion. Even the Second Sister could come with a couple extra accessories as well.

Yeah as I'm playing the game I'm definitely doubling down on wanting Cal at a minimum, however I'd be happy to get a Merrin and a Second Sister too.

Back