Media Resident Evil 3 (Remake)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachiel

Super Freak
Reaction score

1575988175985.jpg

Last edited:
Looks OK so far, theres nothing really to sink your teeth into other than the characters we already knew would be in the game and what they look like.

Im slightly worried though, there is such a heavy emphasis on RE Resistance that it seems like its going to be more than just a throw away mode. I hope it doesnt eat into the time and care of the core game. It almost feels like they are thinking they are selling Resistance too like its something people actually want to spend money on.

Looks OK so far, theres nothing really to sink your teeth into other than the characters we already knew would be in the game and what they look like.

Im slightly worried though, there is such a heavy emphasis on RE Resistance that it seems like its going to be more than just a throw away mode. I hope it doesnt eat into the time and care of the core game. It almost feels like they are thinking they are selling Resistance too like its something people actually want to spend money on.

I believe Resistance was outsourced to another studio while Capcom worked on RE3. So I don't think there was any cannibalization of resources.

I hope they redo Resident Evil 4 next!:pray:

At 30 sec mark, is that Leon escaping Raccoon City?

Pretty much Leon entering into the underground umbrella lab that the final portion of re2 remake takes place in.

I'd love to see them redo re3 with updated graphics and character models, but to be honest, re4 still holds up as far as pacing and gameplay.
If they were to remake it, I feel like they would mess it up only because re3 is a damn near perfect game.

If anything after this, they should go back and remake code veronica and re1 and re0.

Pretty much Leon entering into the underground umbrella lab that the final portion of re2 remake takes place in.

I'd love to see them redo re3 with updated graphics and character models, but to be honest, re4 still holds up as far as pacing and gameplay.
If they were to remake it, I feel like they would mess it up only because re3 is a damn near perfect game.

If anything after this, they should go back and remake code veronica and re1 and re0.

I do agree that Re4 is still amazingly playable even after all this time. But I feel at this point...most people, including me have played it to death.
And after playing RE2 remake, it would be amazing to play RE4 again in a different and fresh way.
As much as I love RE4, there are many cringeworthy lines.

It'd be cool to make it all new with better dialogues and graphics.

I believe Resistance was outsourced to another studio while Capcom worked on RE3. So I don't think there was any cannibalization of resources.

I was under the impression that the RE 3 remake was outsourced also. I might be completely wrong, but i went down a bit of a rabbit hole searching and it appears to be linked more with the Resident Evil Revelations 2 Development team ( and it also looks like it in gameplay, the " dodge " screams RE Rev 2 ).

But we will see.

HYPE none the less.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the RE 3 remake was outsourced also. I might be completely wrong, but i went down a bit of a rabbit hole searching and it appears to be linked more with the Resident Evil Revelations 2 Development team ( and it also looks like it in gameplay, the " dodge " screams RE Rev 2 ).

But we will see.

HYPE none the less.

I was under the same impression too at one point but I can't find a definitive answer. There's a lot of people "confirming" but then they actually arent :lol

There's definitely a another studio working on RE3. The same company helped develop their ports of the RE1 remake etc... but it seems like it's just an extra set of hands. RE2make had something like 800 people on it if I remember. That's probably including this secondary studio.

It probably went something like A-team worked on RE2 while B-team started RE3. A-team finishes RE2 then shifts their entire workforce onto RE3. A/B team finish RE3.

But we will see.

HYPE none the less.

Cant really base that on the dodge mechanic as that was introduced in the original re3. Although I wouldnt be surprised if another team worked on re3 while working on re2.
Or, a better scenario, would be that a good chunk of the team that was working on re2 and were done with the core mechanics were then shifted to re3.

A lot of the same assets and gameplay that was re2 is in re3.
Same thing happened with the original re2 and re3.

I haven't posted here in months but thought I'd weigh in on the REmake3 reveal.

I'm excited. RE3 was never my favourite so my expectations for this one are considerably lower than they were for REmake2, which admittedly disappointed me. Having said that, I still haven't adjusted to Jill's new character model. I know I shouldn't be but I'm disappointed that they chose not to use Julia Voth's likeness. I don't know -- the new model looks too... young? I mean, it stands to reason considering she's 23 at the time of RE3 but it still seems odd somehow.

Also, I know I'm in the minority here but I'd like to see Capcom disembark the remake train going forward, at least in terms of Resident Evil. A lot of folks are rallying for a CODE: Veronica remake which I feel is unnecessary -- unless it receives an HD port with modernized controls like the REmake and Zero did. I categorize Veronica with the GameCube instalments as they're the only REs from the classic era that utilize 3D environments and a dynamic camera system. I think they're fine as they are.

As someone who enjoyed RE7, I'd love to see Capcom reveal 8 next. Let's appreciate the classics for what they are and start looking forward.

Cant really base that on the dodge mechanic as that was introduced in the original re3.
Its not just that there was a dodge, its that it looked exactly like the Revelations 2 dodge. It looked so familiar that i did go on a little adventure searching names associated with the Re 3 remake and i ended up finding it was some of the Revelations 2 team. Even though it looks like RE engine i wouldnt be surprised if they did work in some of the Revelations 2 mechanics. The speed, weapon play, dodges etc

I'd definitely take a R4 Remake...but also wouldn't mind R1 too while they are at it

I'd definitely take a R4 Remake...but also wouldn't mind R1 too while they are at it

As much as I love the Resident Evil remake, I'd love a remake of it as well..... again lol.

Yeah, I played Resident Evil 4 on Xbox One a few weeks back, love the game but it needs a remake.

Get rid of the robot, lord I cringe at that.

Does anyone know if the preoder for the collectors edition sold out already at gamestop? The page is not loading for me. Thanks!

Back