1/6 Building a new Ark of the Covenant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwedishHeat

Super Freak
Reaction score
A friend of mine is willing to take on creating a 1/6 Ark for me, seeing as how I passed on Toht all those years ago.

I need a place to start.

What are the correct dimensions of the box? I found a point of reference that listed it as 133cm long by 80cm tall and wide, so that's about 8cm by 5cm tall and wide. That about right?

I am not sure on the exact dimensions but I would like another version of the Ark with the correct paintjob. Sideshows ark is great but not painted accurately. Also I am not sure but the scale seems a bit off.

Yeah, now that I look at those numbers, there's no way that can be right. I found a new pic over at therpf, which should be correct.

What was wrong with Sideshow's paint job?

Okay, I found two points of reference, and I would appreciate some clarification about which to base my new ark.

INDYTECH01_2400x.jpg

This seems pretty official, as it's an officially licensed Acme print, dimensions are listed as 92 inches long, 26 inches tall and 27 inches wide

NEW_ARK_dimensions.jpg

I found another sketch from someone at The RPF, which has it at 46 inches long, 25 inches tall and 30 inches wide. I'd imagine that the Acme dimensions include the poles, and 26x27 and 25x30 are pretty close when scaled down to 1/6, but which one should I go off of?

Really the box is look like realistic, I had indina johns clone with box, i very much liked that, i bought it on black friday coupon sale, but i don't know about it correct dimensions of the box, if you found that so please share with us?

I would love to find a 1:6 Scale Ark of the Covenant to purchase. Would be fantastic if someone over at theRPF.com could do a project run for this!!

I would love to find a 1:6 Scale Ark of the Covenant to purchase. Would be fantastic if someone over at theRPF.com could do a project run for this!!

I've seen a few sellers on etsy that have some for sale. You could try there?

Back