Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Super Freak

Feedback
    Default Re: Prime 1 LOTR Sauron statue 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by j97e1 View Post
    Yeah?
    Sideshow and this one are both from the same team

Keep hoping
    I don't really understand your reply, but yes Weta are the artists who worked on the film and they made the statue around the same time. Sideshow distributed their statue, which is why they were known as Sideshow/Weta at the time.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodoEyes View Post
    I don't really understand your reply, but yes Weta are the artists who worked on the film and they made the statue around the same time. Sideshow distributed their statue, which is why they were known as Sideshow/Weta at the time.
    I'll explain my reply - I felt your reply was condescending, thus my emoticons:
    I know what weta, Sideshow, etc do. I was talking about the Sideshow premium format. That piece had a correct looking helmet ( although the body proportions are questionable ). This piece is from the same team that made the premium format, which shows that even if they did it right the first time, it doesn't prevent them from messing it up.
    The New STAR WARS - The ability to tell a good story is insignificant next to the power of an agenda.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by KingB Hidden Content
    I don't care about your MBA's. If you don't work for SS then you have no idea. You should have a degree in speculation too.

Super Freak

Feedback
    I'll explain my reply - I felt your reply was condescending, thus my emoticons:
    I know what weta, Sideshow, etc do. I was talking about the Sideshow premium format. That piece had a correct looking helmet ( although the body proportions are questionable ). This piece is from the same team that made the premium format, which shows that even if they did it right the first time, it doesn't prevent them from messing it up.
    It wasn't condescending, I was only light-heartedly commenting on your post and actually agreeing with you, though I wasn't sure if you knew about Weta's involvement in movie making as not every collector is and I don't know you personally so didn't want to presume.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodoEyes View Post
    It wasn't condescending, I was only light-heartedly commenting on your post and actually agreeing with you, though I wasn't sure if you knew about Weta's involvement in movie making as not every collector is and I don't know you personally so didn't want to presume.
    No problem
    Anyway, I do want to love this piece, but looking at the helm, and the opera singer pose, I'm sort of loving my Weta piece more and more. Don't think it this one will make a better replacement
    The New STAR WARS - The ability to tell a good story is insignificant next to the power of an agenda.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by KingB Hidden Content
    I don't care about your MBA's. If you don't work for SS then you have no idea. You should have a degree in speculation too.

Super Freak

Feedback
    No problem
    Anyway, I do want to love this piece, but looking at the helm, and the opera singer pose, I'm sort of loving my Weta piece more and more. Don't think it this one will make a better replacement
    I agree, but then 1/4 scale pieces have never really appealed to me, they're too big and I find just as much detail in the 1/6 stuff. I've got a big collection of those which I just wouldn't have the space for if they were 1/4. I'm sure Weta will one day do a Sauron Master Collection, and I expect that to be the most sought after, but even then I think I would stick to the SSW one I already have. Because any MC statue will be massive and far too expensive! Plus it's special to me to have the statue that was made by Weta at the time they were working on the films.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    38 (100%)