Marvel Studios movie Doom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek I'll have to get both versions! I looked on ebay and there are a few on there, so its not a custom. There is even an unmasked variant! I have Punisher (comic) and Wolverine (comic) from this line and I think there actually pretty good.

The Punisher and Wolverine from this line are movie versions - as are most (all?) in the line. I have all of them but was surprised I'd not heard about Doom.

Wasn't there are wolverin commando version to, tan camoufalge and machines guns?

Azog, thats the one I have (the comic version). See the link in my post above your post.

Anybody found him yet? If so where? The timing on him seems to be pretty perfect. Afterall, the movie comes out tomorrow.

Buttmunch, I saw him at Walmart last week for the first time. There were just a couple of them on the shelves. Last night I they had about 10 on the shelf.

I didn't realize the line had so many in it. The only other I remember seeing was Daredevil. :dunno

Ah, of course! Thanks Oxbeard. I forgot Wal-Mart carried these. I could only think of Media Play and Suncoast,etc. There was a Wal-Mart pratically next door to the Media Play I went to today :bang

Oh well, I'm bidding on an unmasked version on ebay for only $25. I'll probably be able to pick up the regular Doom at Wally World.

I recall hearing about this figure sometime ago, but forgot it was coming out. I'll have to look around for this one.
Are there two versions of this one? I know the mask in the movie is removable, but wouldn't the figure at least have the mask especially at that price?

I have all but the Daredevil and Punisher Marvel Studios figures, IMO, the only one worth getting is the Blade one. It's the only one in the series that has a Dragon like neck post, and is very easily transferred to a Dragon body (the likeness is quite good by the way).

Yes, it appears there are two versions. One with the mask and the other without. I went to Wal-Mart today and only found the masked version. I can only get one at the moment because of all the SDCC sideshow stuff on order, so I want to get the rarer of the two first (the unmasked).

buttmunch,

how does this figure look in person? it looks kinda crappy from the ebay photos i'm seeing.

are those new hand sculpts?

The hands appear to be new because of the metal bits in them. The sculpt of the masked version is great! I haven't gotten him yet, but he looked great in the packaging. I still haven't seen the unmasked yet. This is by far one of the better figures in this line. I would say it looks near sideshow quality (but I don't know for sure).

Keep checking back Buttmunch. The first week I saw them, I only saw 2 and both were masked versions. This week when I saw 10 the split was 50/50.

Well I went back to Wal-Mart and they had 10 Dooms there. All masked versions :rolleyes Since I saw the film yesterday, I couldn't wait any longer and decided to just pick him up. He is a pretty good figure. His hands are indeed new. He even has his ring on his right hand. His shoes are his feet, similar to the sideshow female figures like Scully. The only nit picks on him are no accessories (couldn't he have come with the rocket launcher?) and his hood doesn't fit like the movie's does. It kinda looks like Sideshow's Obi-wan's hood, but not as pointy on the top. Overall, a great figure in the line.

I finally picked both versions up this morning. The unmasked head is an excellent likeness. I took the time to pick over the packages looking for one's posed well in the box since I will liked leave this sealed.

Buttmunch I can't believe your luck though. My walmart had apparently opened more cases and actually had about 18 or 20 on the shelf. There were slightly fewer unmasked versions than masked, but still plenty to go around.

Were the earlier figures in the line done this well? I have only seen Daredevil and relunctantly passed on it. Noticed MWC's review of the Blade which wasn't too flatering, but this Doom figure seems to be done very well.

Yeah, I know. My luck stinks! The earlier figures were this well done. I only have the comic Punisher and Wolverine. Punisher is fantastic. He has tons of great weapons. My favorite feature is a wire at the bottom of his trench coat that allowes for so much more posing options. I wish Doom had this. Wolverine is also nice, but isn't as cool as Punisher and Doom.

Maybe I'll have to look at a Super Wal-Mart to find the unmasked Doom. Oxbeard, did you find yours at a Super Wal-Mart?

Back