**Preview** Asmus Toys : Battle of Helm's Deep Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This is only the 3D render of initial sculpt of Aragorn HS,
we do a whole lot fine tune after print, hand sculpt the skin texture, beard, eyebrow and hair.
so the final prototype will look quite different.

14.jpg
12.jpg
17.jpg
26.jpg

Looks awesome so far. Cheekbones look good, maybe a little less in the cheeks. Please do hairing and not sculpted.

Well this looks pretty wonderful. I wouldn’t actually be too bothered with sculpted hair. Aragorns hair is so wavy and layered and wiry when wet that it’s really tough to accomplish with rooted. I hope I can get this head separate as well as the whole figure; my slim Aragorn is really the only Asmus sculpt I’m not satisfied with. Maybe Slim Sam too... but I digress- bring on pics of the clothing and start making armoured Uruk Hai!

Looks great!

Only tip I would suggest is to add the small scar Vigo has on his upper lip.

Hope this is rooted hair and I?ll end up picking up the HS for my slim release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it!! :yess: It looks great so far Asmus. :clap

Aragorn is my favourite LOTR character so this will be a must buy for me! :rock

I strongly agree that a more expressive face is quite vital for Aragorn as he appears during the battle of Helm’s Deep. At no point during the scene does he look anything less than primed for battle and fiercely determined. Definitely hang onto this sculpt because it’s well on the way to being a great, neutral representation of Viggo but this particular figure calls for a face that won’t look out of place in an action pose.

A middling expression like a slight furrowing of the brow, focused eyes and that gritted teeth look that makes his jaw extend even further as he appears when commanding the Lothlorien Archers on the wall would do the job as it would suit both standing and dynamic poses where as a full on battle cry face would be out of place in more standard stances.

Back