E.T. sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was touted as the sequel to E.T. when I was a kid.

My mom read it to us at bedtime but I can't remember any of it cause it was pretty boring.

91JSEkzA4cL.jpg

As for the commercial, I hate the crassness of using something so beloved to market whatever dumb **** they were marketing, but damn, if I didn't get misty eyed seeing a middle-age Elliot finally get to hug E.T. again after all those years.

No!

Quit remaking **** and FIND YOUR IMAGINATION AGAIN PEOPLE! We need new E.T., New SW, new IJ, New Close encounters ETC. ETC.

Not sure if you watched, it's just an ad - not an actual movie sequel announcement, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course they could be testing the waters...

Yeah I saw it. Could this be the first time in history where they added a "sequel like story" via commercial to a single movie. The commercial was a "eh" to a movie that was so HUGE in the 80's. Its just bad taste IMO

Things that didn't need to be made Creed movies, Toy Story 4 and now this....

I thought Toy Story 4 was better than TS 2 and 3. And even though part 3 had a great ending, part 4 not only did the part 3's ending justice, but it explained what happened to the sheep lady, which always felt like a loose end.

As for the commercial, I hate the crassness of using something so beloved to market whatever dumb **** they were marketing, but damn, if I didn't get misty eyed seeing a middle-age Elliot finally get to hug E.T. again after all those years.

My thoughts, too. It's well-made, but as much as I enjoyed the content (which really had nothing to do with Xfinity), I was very aware of the fact that this only exists to put Xfinity on people's lips this holiday season.

Then again, full-length movies themselves are a business, so your enjoyment of this depends on where you draw that line.

My thoughts, too. It's well-made, but as much as I enjoyed the content (which really had nothing to do with Xfinity), I was very aware of the fact that this only exists to put Xfinity on people's lips this holiday season.

I couldn't have told you what the ad was for so it's not very effective at being an ad. I could say that about most ads actually. Even when they do grab my attention I don't tend to bother checking what the product is.

Somethings are better left alone an untouched.

Especially for an advertisement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back