I?m selling my entire collection - Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronManny

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is not a For Sales thread. I will not list what I am selling. I have a question for my fellow collectors.

I am considering selling my entire collection. Most are 1/6. Most are Hot Toys. Most are figures, but I have several vehicles as well. About 50 items total.

I live in central New Jersey - close enough to NYC and surrounding areas.

Should I sell here, EBay, social media site, or this was my idea:

I was thinking of having a garage sale type listing. I?ll list what I have and prices. People can come to my home and buy and box what they want. I am kind of weary of shipping out a huge vehicle. Plus, those damn fees!!

Did anyone else sell their collections? What did you do? How did it go?

Thank you!

This is not a For Sales thread. I will not list what I am selling. I have a question for my fellow collectors.

I am considering selling my entire collection. Most are 1/6. Most are Hot Toys. Most are figures, but I have several vehicles as well. About 50 items total.

I live in central New Jersey - close enough to NYC and surrounding areas.

Should I sell here, EBay, social media site, or this was my idea:

I was thinking of having a garage sale type listing. I?ll list what I have and prices. People can come to my home and buy and box what they want. I am kind of weary of shipping out a huge vehicle. Plus, those damn fees!!

Did anyone else sell their collections? What did you do? How did it go?

Thank you!

Sent you a pm.

This dilemma is exactly why I haven’t sold a figure in over 5 years. The risk of being scammed by an eBay buyer is very low but the buyer protection makes it more likely than selling on social media. But I def wouldn’t have people at my house. 1/6 collectors are weirdos. For the vehicles I might though, ain’t nobody got time to ship out a Tumbler.

Don?t ever under any circumstances go to a local comic book store to try and getting rid of them.. think pawn shops low balling. I took some iconic 1/6 marvel figures and they were asking me for 100 bucks for some rare sets, bottom line is they want their money and will sell your figures like 500% more than they will buy them from you.

Stick to places that have buyer protection and never ever forget to post up an auction without buyer protection...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back