Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Default Question to UK Collectors

I wanted to know is it cheaper and worth buying from abroad, lets say from Sideshow Collectibles or it works out the same price if you bought it from UK seller?

After paying all the import custom duties and taxes along with shipping, dose it still work out cheaper?

As Uk sellers would add a bit more on top to make profit?

What do you think? and what do you do?

It depends on the item and seller, although generally it is dearer from sideshow (you need to add postage and VAT\import tax). If you try another foreign seller, that may misdeclare the value, and it skips past customs... it can be much cheaper. I check everywhere I know is good, and go with the cheapest (unless it's a couple of pounds, where I will go with a UK supplier)

[Edit] I would suggest never relying on not paying VAT\import tax when making the decision on where to shop, it's more of a bonus on the ones that come as is.
    Last edited by whenyoubite; 01-13-2020 at 01:33 PM. Reason: additional info

I've a quick question on the topic, atm I'm looking to order a slightly expensive bust from Queen studios in China(Up and coming Alita bust) and the only UK seller has the bust listed as ?3,200, despite the bust only costing $2,700 USD from them directly in China, that's a third more than rrp(converted into gbp)... and I was just wondering if anyone would know what sort of tariff code they'd be using, or what general gets used for expensive collectibles? Thanks!

PS: Not able to make post atm or link the bust, so sorry for Hijacking OP.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterWarrior-99 View Post
    I've a quick question on the topic, atm I'm looking to order a slightly expensive bust from Queen studios in China(Up and coming Alita bust) and the only UK seller has the bust listed as ?3,200, despite the bust only costing $2,700 USD from them directly in China, that's a third more than rrp(converted into gbp)... and I was just wondering if anyone would know what sort of tariff code they'd be using, or what general gets used for expensive collectibles? Thanks!

PS: Not able to make post atm or link the bust, so sorry for Hijacking OP.
    Hi, that's the similar situation I find my self.

I think it works out the same at the end, only slightly cheaper from abroad, sometimes the same.

Sorry don't have the answer to your question, but this is what I think.

2,700.00 convert to pounds works out to be around 2,070.00 pounds. Plus Customs, around 400. on top, plus shipping maybe between 200 to 400 so lets say 400. thats, around 2,870.00 pounds. So I think that's how much you should be able to get it for. Of course buying it from here the seller needs to make a bit off it.

Just a little freaky

Feedback
    Add fantasy toys on Facebook Visit fantasy toys's Instagram Channel
    I think it would generally work out the same when postage costs etc are added!