1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This Project is now LIVE!

No TEMPLE OF DOOM Display is complete without Indys notorious enemy, MOLA RAM, the heart-burning, blood-serving maniac who loves stones.

THE HEAD:

Spenser is NOW offering:

- head
- headdress
- 3 necklaces
- Kali-Ma Death Chalice

- Full Ceremonial outfit (please contact Spenser for availability)

Coming soon:
- Mola's dagger

head icon.jpg
Headdress, Necklaces, Chalice.jpg

Mola Ram sculpt
Painted: $85
Unpainted: $50

Headdress
Painted: $95
Unpainted: $55

Chalice
Painted: $45
Unpainted: $35

Necklaces - 3 pieces
Painted: $65
Unpainted: -

Painted set: $290
Unpainted set: $140 (without necklaces)

Contact Spenser directly at: [email protected]

THE ROBES:

Spenser is also offering a CEREMONIAL ROBE outfit that completes his Mola Ram. His outfit is all one piece and includes:

Ceremonial Robe
Underskirt

Spenser's OUTFIT.jpg

Here is a helpful dressing tutorial for the outfit:

Outfit set: $105

Contact Spenser directly at: [email protected]

Deniz Baygan is offering his Mola Ram CEREMONIAL ROBE

3-Piece Outfit consists of:

Ceremonial Robe
Long Sash
Underskirt

Deniz OUTFIT Comp 8-4-20.jpg

PRICES:

Ceremonial Robe: $40 plus ship
Long Sash: $20 plus ship
Underskirt: $25 plus ship

Full 3-piece SET: $75 free ship

SHIPPING (as of 8-4-20):
US $9
Europe $5
Australia $6

Estimated 20 days for completion from ORDER Date

This item is currently SOLD OUT

There is now a WAIT LIST for the next 5 outfit sets that will be made in October:

WAITLIST:

Contact DENIZ BAYGAN:

[email protected]
[email protected]
Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/dartcustoms)

FROM THE TAILOR: There will only be 5 SETS made within a 2 month period.
Each order will ship within the time specified based on their order date so people aren?t waiting on other orders to be completed.
However, once the 5th set is sold, there will be no further orders accepted until 7-8 weeks later.
So please check on availability and DO NOT simply send your money.

ADDITIONAL PARTS NEEDED:

PANTS: Black pants are readily available on ebay. Try to find a baggy pair. The simpler the better.

BOOTS: Black shin-high boots are also around. Find suede ones if possible, they are out there -- but it may take some time to source. In the meantime, some black German boots can suffice while you are waiting for the right pair.

WRAPS: Any thin black leather strapping can be wrapped around Mola's wrists and bicep. Find it at your local art store.

THE INTERESTED PARTIES:

So here is who has expressed interest so far.

1. Wor-Gar - stern expression - no headdress - updated outfit
2. Dwing -
3. Punisher1974 - stern expression - no headdress - bridge outfit
4. ChibiSchmoo - stern expression - maybe headdress -
5. FlyAndFight - stern expression - headdress - ceremonial outfit
6. Talibane - any head - headdress if available - all outfit parts
7. Timemeddler - stern expression - no headdress - bridge outfit
8. Armacord - stern expression - no headdress
9. Evenflow - stern expression - headdress
10. Indiana Fett - stern expression - headdress
11. Davejames - stern expression - headdress
12. TonTon
13. EcklecticBadges - stern expression - headdress maybe
14. blazio
15. mbuck45
16. MACE16
17. Husker75
18. handsome_ed
19. Rinzler27
20. freddykrueger
21. Harker015
22. Scifi67
23. seniram6
24. Scratchbuilder

There is NO DEPOSIT required.

This is a KIT PROJECT -- each individual will order the parts that he wants when they become available from the artists directly. I will post that information when it becomes available.

But I do ask that if you are interested, that you monitor this thread for news and updates so that when the artist makes his wares available, you are ready to make your purchase. I do not want to have this project open for months and, more importantly, I do not want to have the artists left hanging. The window for purchase will be decided within a reasonable period for those who have expressed interest. After that, any additional orders or any second run is at the artists discretion.

Last edited:
You may put me on your list Worgar ;-)

Interested in a classic stern head without skullhornhat.

Is there be a chance these could arrive painted?
(like a group paint)

Wel-come.... *said like Mola Ram*

Is there be a chance these could arrive painted?
(like a group paint)

If someone has a painter willing to do a group of heads, I could be interested myself, but at the moment we have no such deal.

Discovered another decision that has to be made. I never realized it but Mola Ram's robes change fairly dramatically from the classic Temple outfit to the battle-dress on the Bridge Climax.

Here's a comparison (best I could get)... Temple left, Bridge right...

Temple vs Bridge.jpg

As you can see, it looks like Mola has a very large wrap/shawl on his right side and much more red showing. In the bridge scene, that wrap is either gone or perhaps bundled up hanging under his arm on the right, but the right shoulder is now clearly exposed and there is less ornate red exposed.

Now both Sideshow and Hasbro split the difference between the two, having less red showing on the costume. I'll use Hasbro below as they included an extra wrap (not enough of course) for the Temple gear.

Temple v Bridge Hasbro.jpg

So the question is: do you want to split the difference in the outfit like Sideshow and Hasbro did, or do people prefer one look over the other?

UPDATE: Good news -- I just spoke with Deniz and he is happy to update the outfit to be more accurate. He just needs tons of reference. I can sort that out but if anyone has some great pictures of the outfit that we decide on, please send it my way or post it here in the thread.

Last edited:
Stern with head dress and I would be interested. Would this be painted already?

Stern with head dress and I would be interested. Would this be painted already?

Hello #9!

No painter has been arranged. The sculptor is Petethepainter... so I assume he could also paint, but Dwing is in communication with him.

what about his necklace and body?

That is the last hurdle. I figured if we got a head and an outfit, the rest could be sorted out. Body is up to each individual. There's plenty out there. You'll need one with a torso/neck. I'm sure if this starts to really happen, people will post examples of good bodies to buy.

There's two necklaces: one with teeth and beads, another with "bone fragments" or something. Unless each person is making their own -- which isn't too hard actually -- we need someone to make those.

Hopefully people can sort the leather bands/straps that Mola has on his wrists and arms themselves. A strip of thin, slick black leather would work, just wrap it around. You could even use black electrical tape to make the bands (although they get tacky over time).

Still need to hear from a few guys on which expression they would like:

2. Dwing
4. ChibiSchmoo
5. FlyAndFight - headdress
6. Talibane - headdress
7. Timemeddler

But so far, the Grim/Stern expression has 4 votes.

Last edited:
You can definitely add me to the interest list Wor-Gar. Awesome that you?re figuring out how to put this together!

PS, I?m down for a stern expression with option for headdress.

GREAT! Welcome!

That makes a fast 10 interested. Maybe we'll get more interest to drop the price even further. If the individual price is low enough, hell maybe everyone will go in on the headdress.

It is looking like everyone so far wants the grim/stern expression -- which is great. I like unity.

I hope Dwing sees this as I'm not certain how we should move ahead with the sculpt. Does the artist require deposit in advance or is he already working up a proto for us to view?

Speaking on the sculpt, has anyone stayed in contact with Spenser? He did the original sculpt for that BlindVoyeur project and it was amazing. I think he's long gone and that sculpt likely is too (being 10 years old) but if anyone knows him then he might be an option as well should this one not work out.

EDIT: I just found out he visited this site last month so I sent him a PM.

Last edited:
Hey all, just replied to Wor via pm. A little confusion regarding the sculptor. This sculptor is Peter Hall https://www.deviantart.com/mutronics/gallery/all Look through his work and see if he's up to the task.

Just reread your post about Spencer sculpting the original Mola for Blindvoyer. If that's the case and you can get ahold of him I would push that way as I have about 4-5 sculpts by him and like his work. We have some time as Peter stated it would be 4-5 weeks before he could start.

Last edited:
Hey all, just replied to Wor via pm. A little confusion regarding the sculptor. This sculptor is Peter Hall https://www.deviantart.com/mutronics/gallery/all Look through his work and see if he's up to the task.

Just reread your post about Spencer sculpting the original Mola for Blindvoyer. If that's the case and you can get ahold of him I would push that way as I have about 4-5 sculpts by him and like his work. We have some time as Peter stated it would be 4-5 weeks before he could start.

I've corrected the post regarding Peter Hall. Hopefully people can give the thumbs up based on his website (the few who will actually do the research).

4-5 weeks could give us enough time to see how large our interest list grows. Unfortunately it also gives people time to rethink their interest. We'll see...

Regarding Spenser, I haven't communicated with him in years so I don't have high hopes he will respond and I'm pretty certain that his Mola sculpt is long gone -- that was 10 years ago. But its worth a PM from anyone here who he may be talking to.

Dwing -- do you know if Peter sculpts from clay (old school) or does he work via rendering? Also, what expression do you want, Dwing? And headdress or not?

Last edited:
Stern expression for me please!

I only need the unpainted headsculpt. Everything else I like doing myself. (though, as you say, if lots of people join and the price on a headdress drops, that could be tempting!)

I also like Spencer's work (pretty sure he sculpted the Marions, right?). I'd be more than happy with him, especially if he's already done the work!

Thanks for pointing out the variant robes discrepancy on Mola Ram. I'll have to take a closer look at photos now and see if I can sort out what's going on.

I like the mixed red/black look, but given I want the stern expression (bridge scene), I might have to reconsider what I do with it...

Thanks for pointing out the variant robes discrepancy on Mola Ram. I'll have to take a closer look at photos now and see if I can sort out what's going on.

I like the mixed red/black look, but given I want the stern expression (bridge scene), I might have to reconsider what I do with it...

Yeah, for me the more red showing the better, but he does seem to hide a lot of it on the bridge.

I think the main difference from what I can tell is that in the Temple he wears a very long shawl that he wraps around his waist, loops over his right shoulder, then it comes around the back and he hangs it over his left arm.

On the bridge, it looks like he still has the shawl but its just looped over his left shoulder and bunched up around his middle.

I looked to the Sideshow PF for guidance but their shawl/wrap is way too thin. In fact, his outfit is incorrect in many ways on that statue. Never noticed until I started looking.

Funny enough, the little recent Hasbro figure has it more correct (though again their shawl is way too thin and short to go around the body several times).

Temple v Bridge Hasbro.jpg

Last edited:
I've corrected the post regarding Peter Hall. Hopefully people can give the thumbs up based on his website (the few who will actually do the research).

4-5 weeks could give us enough time to see how large our interest list grows. Unfortunately it also gives people time to rethink their interest. We'll see...

Regarding Spenser, I haven't communicated with him in years so I don't have high hopes he will respond and I'm pretty certain that his Mola sculpt is long gone -- that was 10 years ago. But its worth a PM from anyone here who he may be talking to.

Dwing -- do you know if Peter sculpts from clay (old school) or does he work via rendering? Also, what expression do you want, Dwing? And headdress or not?
He does clay sculpting.

Exciting times ;-)

For the paint it would really be interesting to ship a lot to a painter.
And choice of body already made to have perfect match of colours when the head is attached. (maybe interesting to buy a lot of bodies)

Hope the necklace get made also, not so handy myself to make a good one...

His dagger is maybe also something to talk about.

For the robes I follow Worgar whatever he chooses.

Score so far:

7 out of 10 = stern expression

4 out of 10 = no headdress

4 out of 10 = want headdress

So I'd say the stern expression is the winner.

And a split decision on the headdress. But like I said, perhaps those 4 people (or more) will just split the start-up cost to get it made. As it stands, if 4 guys split the cost of the sculpt, it would be 25 pounds each then the cost of the cast. Not too bad to get a one-of-a-kind headdress.

I'll have to do some research on what body is available for this. Seamless shoulder would be nice, but those bodies are usually expensive and way too muscular. Fortunately, Mola has some nice wrist bands that can help cover the jointed hands.

Right now it seems that the biggest problem is the necklaces and dagger or whatnot. If anyone here knows a reasonable sculptor who would be interested, let us know.

Worst case is: you have to buy some clay and shape little fangs and bone fragments and glue them to a string. It is really quite simple I bet, I think anyone here could do it. Might be a good way for some to break into customizing for themselves.

Hey Wor-Gar you can put me down as interested too, if you're still taking people. With the headdress, as I just think that's a must with this character.

My ideal expression would be the one below with the slight, creepy smile, but the basic stern expression from the previous page would be fine as well.

As for the body, I would think a muscular Ganghood would work perfectly fine, since it's got the same basic build.

TEMPLE_OF_DOOM_SCREENSHOT_1.jpg

Got ya down!

I'm going to let the list grow and see how many people are interested. The larger the interest list the better chance of someone willing to do the extra bits like necklaces and daggers... and maybe that Blood of Kali chalice.

OUTFIT UPDATE: I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what the hell Mola Ram is wearing and how it works. He's clearly wearing pants and a waist-high wrap of some kind under all the robes/wraps. I think, at least in the climax, that he's also wearing a black skirt held in place by the waist-wrap. Pretty clear during the Bridge Fight.

But the curiosity is that long -- must be super long -- wrap/sash thing that sometimes appears to be robe-like and other times just looks like a long back-and-red sash looped over his left shoulder a time or two.

The Temple outfit is even more confusing because its clear there is some type of closer on the side where the two 'red' trims meet above his left hip and clasp. There also appears to be a wrap around his waist on only one side -- that wrap holds the sash that loops over his right shoulder, appearing almost like a wide sleeve at times, then somehow loops behind his back to drape over his left arm. But its a real puzzle.

If anyone if familiar with how Mola wraps his robes... please help! :lol

And the way the Sideshow PF does it is incorrect. They cheat with two sizes of sash, and a closure over his right shoulder which he never has in the film.

Back