Eagle vs. Fell Beast Edition SIze...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gondor59

Beacon Keeper
Reaction score
Wow, this one will be harder to guess. The E vs FB seems to have generated a lot more interest than the other dios so it may end up being one of those 9500 piece editions:rotfl

However, this one could be expensive....maybe $500 USD! I'm am going to guess that because of the size and price that Sideshow will set the ES at 500

Next?

Did anyone who attended the Sideshow panel at SDCC know the size of this piece? I'm hearing 16" wide, but what current release puts this in the same size/scale with?

Did anyone who attended the Sideshow panel at SDCC know the size of this piece? I'm hearing 16" wide, but what current release puts this in the same size/scale with?

Honestly, I don't even remember them saying ANYTHING about this piece at the panel. Maybe I was blanking out though, I was too excited about Indy.

At some point one of the Sideshow folks (I want to say Mr. Falls but my memory is a little fuzzy) did indicate a round about size of the dio with his hands. From that hand gesture the 16 inches size that's been thrown around seems about right. But no numerical size was said at that panel though.

At some point one of the Sideshow folks (I want to say Mr. Falls but my memory is a little fuzzy) did indicate a round about size of the dio with his hands. From that hand gesture the 16 inches size that's been thrown around seems about right. But no numerical size was said at that panel though.

SO IT IS GONNA BE HUGE? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew:lol

Yeah, I don't want huge on my shelves. I already have huge elsewhere. For the shelves, I want beautiful and intricate. So it would be awesome if this diorama ended up being in scale to the original Fell Beast -- which everybody says is too small, but which is also such a masterful sculpt and paintjob, Sideshow will have a tough time outdoing it.

Now, the Fell Beast & Morgul Lord statue was $150 back in '03, so with the Eagle added in, I expect the new piece to be around $225-250.

Size is quite difficult to judge here, also. It's a very wide sculpt that's also not too tall. So it will take up sizeable shelf space without actually needing to be massive.

As for the ES, anything above 1000 for two minibeasts would probably be too large.

From the pic of in the slide show during the panel it looked huge. It's on my list 2 get for sure.

I'm not a big Rings fan but this did look impressive (via the slides at the SS panel). The wing span on that thing must be enormous.

I'm looking forward to seeing better pics of this one.

My only concern is how the fell beast's attachment point to the rock pillar (?) will look like.

From the pic of in the slide show during the panel it looked huge. It's on my list 2 get for sure.

Just curious, how big from the pic? Is it CT SIZE!! I wish...is more of the weta version of the fellbeast in size? I don't see how they can do "floating" poly, and it have alot of weight.

Back